Author Topic: CZ 75 TS orange trigger pull weight  (Read 10276 times)

Offline jero57

CZ 75 TS orange trigger pull weight
« on: May 07, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »
Hello all,

I am proud owner of brand new TS75 Orange, straight from Uhersky Brod. I own the gun for half a year now, shot ton of rounds and not a single thing wrong with the gun. Really amazing one to shoot, both precise and IPSC !
However, I got mine with trigger pull weight of 700 grams (yes I am from Europe), and since I want to do some competition precision shooting, here in EU, minimum is 1050 grams (so around kilo+). I am very desperate of what to do. Changing trigger spring seems to be the best option, but replace it with which one ? since it is SA trigger, changing main spring will not affect much.

Appreciate comments and suggestions !  :)

Offline thirdwall

Re: CZ 75 TS orange trigger pull weight
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 03:17:05 PM »
You are saying that you have a 1.54 lb S.A. trigger pull! Let me know where you live. I may have to move!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline jero57

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
well start packing then  ;) I have 700 grams straight from CZ shop :)

Offline zx9rt1

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »
Mine breaks at 1.60 lbs. Its completely stock with 800 rds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jero57

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:27:06 PM »
yep, thats more or less same as mine...

Offline thirdwall

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 07:13:19 PM »
I stand corrected after researching competition shooters and shooting.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline Thechef1

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »
Try a heavier trigger return spring. Im not sure what one is in there but I'm sure you can find something lighter. Also a heavier hammer spring should help although the main reason for changing the hammer spring is DA weight it should still help a little.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 05:51:15 AM »
http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/tanfoglio/974-tanfoglio-sear-spring-2000000009742.html

This will add a few grams due to higher coils than standard CZ sear spring, not sure how much. I feel it might not be enough for 300 grams of increased weight.

I did something different.
I added approx 1 full pound of trigger weight by using two standard sear springs in place of one.
Before/After/Increase
Lowest point of trigger: 1 lb 4 oz / 2 lb 4 oz / 1 lb increase
Middle of trigger:           1 lb 12 oz /3 lb 6 oz / 1 lb 10 oz increase

This got the trigger to end up perfectly fine for 1000gr weight requirement.

I had to open up the space in the sear to accommodate for the 2nd sear spring. I used services of an edm cutter at a workshop, but can be done with a dremel too at home.
I would suggest you order a spare sear, and a couple of sear springs to work on. I have done this on two TS with similar results.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/cz-tactical-sport/504-cz-75-ts-sear-2000000005041.html

I do not think you could use a standard CZ75 trigger return spring, due to different trigger bar in TS vs other CZ75 pistols. If you could somehow, then using that as well as the tanfoglio sear spring might get you above 1000gr, but I cannot say for sure. Double sear spring modification needs some work, but works like a charm.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline CzDave

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
I have been exploring this as while I like the sub 2lb pull, I feel the reset is a bit weak.

Unfortunately, I have only found ONE trigger return spring available. The stock OEM CZ spring.

So bending it seems to be the only option. Just seems crazy to me that there is no other option for a competition pistol.
I have heard of the Tanfo sear spring, and the double sear spring mod, but wasn't sure that would do anything to trigger reset.

Wish I could figure out a way to use the CZ75 TRS. I'd happily give up 1/2-1lb in pull weight to get a more positive reset.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »
http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/tanfoglio/974-tanfoglio-sear-spring-2000000009742.html

This will add a few grams due to higher coils than standard CZ sear spring, not sure how much. I feel it might not be enough for 300 grams of increased weight.

I did something different.
I added approx 1 full pound of trigger weight by using two standard sear springs in place of one.
Before/After/Increase
Lowest point of trigger: 1 lb 4 oz / 2 lb 4 oz / 1 lb increase
Middle of trigger:           1 lb 12 oz /3 lb 6 oz / 1 lb 10 oz increase

This got the trigger to end up perfectly fine for 1000gr weight requirement.

I had to open up the space in the sear to accommodate for the 2nd sear spring. I used services of an edm cutter at a workshop, but can be done with a dremel too at home.
I would suggest you order a spare sear, and a couple of sear springs to work on. I have done this on two TS with similar results.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/cz-tactical-sport/504-cz-75-ts-sear-2000000005041.html

I do not think you could use a standard CZ75 trigger return spring, due to different trigger bar in TS vs other CZ75 pistols. If you could somehow, then using that as well as the tanfoglio sear spring might get you above 1000gr, but I cannot say for sure. Double sear spring modification needs some work, but works like a charm.

Interesting stuff.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline coolbox

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 05:17:13 AM »
I have been exploring this as while I like the sub 2lb pull, I feel the reset is a bit weak.

Unfortunately, I have only found ONE trigger return spring available. The stock OEM CZ spring.

So bending it seems to be the only option. Just seems crazy to me that there is no other option for a competition pistol.
I have heard of the Tanfo sear spring, and the double sear spring mod, but wasn't sure that would do anything to trigger reset.

Wish I could figure out a way to use the CZ75 TRS. I'd happily give up 1/2-1lb in pull weight to get a more positive reset.

You should look at these springs from Europe. Not sure if they are available in US, but the store can ship.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/cz/1956-eemann-tech-extreme-trigger-spring-10-power-for-cz-75-2000000019567.html

Or, just get another CZ TRS, and try bending it to get some extra oomph out of it.

Offline CzDave

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »

You should look at these springs from Europe. Not sure if they are available in US, but the store can ship.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/cz/1956-eemann-tech-extreme-trigger-spring-10-power-for-cz-75-2000000019567.html

Or, just get another CZ TRS, and try bending it to get some extra oomph out of it.

Thanks! Unfortunately, that is for a CZ75. The TS Orange and TS take the Tactical Sports trigger return spring and it's quite different.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 12:48:29 PM »
I am sorry, I didn't notice you had a TS and not a standard cz75 variant.
The standard CZ75 trigger spring uses trigger and frame to fit. I see no reason why it cannot be used..unkess I am missing something.

Offline Kisssofdeath

• Live today as if it was your last day.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 01:35:15 AM »
Mine breaks at 1 lb 11 oz or so.  Never more than 1 lb 13 oz and never less than 1 lb 10 oz.  Lyman digital checked.
Thanks,
Tim

If you know how many guns you have ...you don't have enough.

Offline Kingcor

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »
I need to increase my pull weight also. I have only shot 200 rounds through my recently acquired TSO and it?s alarmingly light... it?s coming in at 5.6 ounces and I could only bring it up to 10 ounces by adding an extreme amount of pre travel but it?s not true weight it?s just distance.

anything