Author Topic: HELP! Weird canik tp9sf elite holster  (Read 5003 times)

Offline aliguori1963

HELP! Weird canik tp9sf elite holster
« on: May 07, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
A friend of mine recently got a tp9sf elite (before you ask, no this friend is not me) Umm the paddle is on the same size as the retention button... It baffles me honestly. Can someone explain to me if I'm being stupid?

That screw is where the paddle goes on

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:11:08 PM by aliguori1963 »

Ron M.

Re: HELP! Weird canik tp9sf elite holster
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 06:36:12 PM »
Left handed IWB?

Offline aliguori1963

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 06:42:29 PM »
Left handed IWB?
I was thinking that too but the paddle has "teeth" that pretty much force the paddle to be non iwb. Also I've never heard of this gun having an iwb OR a lefty holster. Another problem is even if you were a lefty, the paddle would block the holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 07:02:52 PM »
Do you have a pic of the other side?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline aliguori1963

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »
Do you have a pic of the other side?
Let me take some better pics of both sides

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
 The same style of holster came with my TP9V2. This holster replaces the original Serpa design. Evidently enough people were concerned about the paddle being so close to the trigger when the pistol was pulled that Canik discontinued the original. Supposedly the paddle on the belt side doesn't lock the pistol in place, it just restricts enough to keep your pistol securely in the holster. Again, supposedly you can pull your pistol out of the holster without touching the paddle. I guess mine was tighter than most. I nearly had my belt pulled up above my naval before I got my pistol out of the holster. Trust me, that's nearly impossible the way I'm built :) I ended up trimming a little plastic off of the paddle nub on the inside of the holster. Be careful if you do this and check it often so you don't remove too much. You still want to keep some tension on your pistol or you have to rely on just the strap. I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 11:17:35 PM by wdbutcher »

Offline aliguori1963

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 11:08:45 PM »
The same style of holster came with my TP9V2. This holster replaces the original Serpa design. Evidently enough people were concerned about the paddle being so close to the trigger when the pistol was pulled that Canik discontinued the original. Supposedly the paddle on the belt side doesn't lock the pistol in place, it just restricts enough to keep your pistol securely in the holster. Again, supposedly you can pull your pistol out of the holster without touching the paddle. I guess mine was tighter than most. I nearly had my belt pulled up above my naval before I got my pistol out of the holster. Trust me, that's nearly impossible the way I'm built :) I ended up trimming a little plastic off of the paddle nub on the inside of the holster. Be careful if you do this and check it often so you don't remove too much. You still want to keep some tension on your pistol or you have to rely on just the strap. I hope this helps.
The gun was made in March of this year so this would make sense, thanks so much.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:14:27 PM »
Yep, I believe i got my TP9V2 about the same time. It was made in 2017. You'll need to tell us how you like your new Canik.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 11:20:28 PM by wdbutcher »

Offline aliguori1963

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 11:02:51 AM »
I will it's coming to the range today along with my p07, I'll take pics

anything