Author Topic: Anyone used Armslist?  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Blunk

Re: Anyone used Armslist?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »
I've recently delved into armslist and gunbroker, possibly to make a purchase some day but it's good to know that you can do exchanges in a Police Department. I wonder if they do that for other exchanges like airsoft guns too?

Offline Ozarkmac

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
I've had pretty good luck. One pistol was a little worse condition than advertised and pics showed. I've learned to NOT list Want to Buy ads. The scammers are all over those. The scammers work on other gun forums as well, such as this one. They always offer a lower price and their English is always bad.

Offline chrisedens

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 11:37:35 PM »
I have had mixed results. A lot of people wasting your time with no shows.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:52 AM »
I've used Armslist for at least 9 transactions, as buyer or seller. I've sold out of state 3 times and bought from out of state twice. I've only had two people try to run a scam but I detected it right away when I couldn't trace their email or name. One wanted to sell and one wanted to buy. That's now enough to dissuade me. I give very little personal information until I know they're serious, but if you're internet savvy I'm traceable.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline handig00

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
Same as others here,
I have bought and sold on Armslist and gunbroker both.
More on Armslist.
I did get somewhat burned on Gunbroker, their help in a dispute was not like 100% coverage like ebay offers for instance. It was $500 maximum with a 10% deductible. 10% deductible -good grief.
It was a Dan Wesson Valor,  the pics were low enough quality and took from angles to hide the idiot scratch, and other issues, major one was the weapon would seize up after just a few rounds when shot. The stainless had some gauling apparently, you could not feel it, but that slide would seize up. . I had to send it to Dan Wesson customer service, they fixed it up, no charge and sent it back, 100% fine working order. Kudos to DW customer service !!
 It had been listed as "Like New", first the seller said he would issue full refund, then I guess he thought he would just see how it would play out if he refused to refund,  He refused to answer emails , texts or phone calls, numerous calls and waiting on Gunbroker to review the case, they really drag their feet,,, i filled my paperwork , and wait, and wait, then a email from Gunbroker asking for information that was already given to them in the documents , 2 times they did that, it was VERY frustrating ! Didn't get a penny.
Lesson learned.

On Armslist I have done several local transactions where we just meet
 , you get a feel after numerous emails and a phone call if they are BS or not.  ie; See a guy on Armslist selling a Colt Python for $700 you can kinda bet it's a scam. Use lots of discernment.
I have also bought and sold out of sate numerous times there on Armslist, same as above, I never had any issues,,,, knock on wood.
I did have one guy out of state, he was the seller , we emailed, I didn't give my whereabouts, something wasn't right, just a gut thing, he was eager and no problem to ship me the pistol, just needed that money order,,,,,,I Google maped his city and picked a small town 20 miles away, I told him, I'm gonna be in xyz town tomorrow, let's meet and do this deal, he declined, said no face to face, and wouldn't answer anymore messages. Sooo, maybe another lesson learned.

An escrow company would be great idea if readily accessible to both parties , but I haven't used one or know one.

Obviously face to face is the way to go though.
Use lots of discernment
Good luck

Offline smashworth

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 07:02:49 AM »
Ive great success when used locally....bith selling and buying

Offline tact

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »
I have had some decent experiences selling in the past, but lately I've been getting a bunch of scammers trying to buy firearms from my listings. 

Offline 1down

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
Anymore on an Armslist local transaction I want to talk not text before the meeting to set the meeting up.  I've been given the runaround so no more unless we are actually talking to each other.  And then we notify each other when we are heading to the meeting place. 
So far so good with this technique. 

Offline Rmach

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »
I've had several transactions with no problems.

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »
I've never tried them but I may in the future.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »
Anymore on an Armslist local transaction I want to talk not text before the meeting to set the meeting up.  I've been given the runaround so no more unless we are actually talking to each other.  And then we notify each other when we are heading to the meeting place. 
So far so good with this technique.

As someone that's has sold a lot on GB and AL I would not reply to a "call me" email. 80% of the time it's  for lower price or wanting extras. When we get to the "I will take it" then I will hand out my number and not before.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline czsuby

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 08:04:45 AM »
I've used Armslist many times with no trouble but I  always bring a friend for back up.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 08:35:25 AM »
I?ve used armslist with mixed results.
I?ve unfortunately dealt with more scammers or low ballers than legit transactions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline S281

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 11:35:17 AM »
It's exactly like Craigslist. There's wierdos, scammers, and legit people on there. Just be smart and trust your instinct. If at all possible, deal ftf.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »
It's exactly like Craigslist. There's wierdos, scammers, and legit people on there. Just be smart and trust your instinct. If at all possible, deal ftf.
This. My last transaction on Armslist had me walk away from a potential buyer because of all the back and forth, when I clearly stated that my price was firm. He looked around as I suggested and came back and then wanted $10 off, "cash" (like I was going to take a voucher or something?!). I ignored him until he finally came back and said he'd take it. He got a great deal and came back and acknowledged that. I was impressed that he texted me a week later and told me how much he loved it, but I didn't think we would reach that point.

Indeed, it takes patience and good instincts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk