Author Topic: sights specs on CZ posted somewhere?  (Read 296 times)

Offline Gregor

sights specs on CZ posted somewhere?
« on: May 10, 2017, 12:31:42 PM »
Hey all good day,

Lovely day out albeit in work and tap key at lunch. ;(. 

Searching forums for  specs on the various CZ front and rear sights or does anyone know if they are published on the CZ home site?

I notice there are individual requests by model but I was hoping to find all CZ sights  with measurements in a single location for future reference or am I woofing up a tree?

A steer is appreciated if anyone knows if a link like this exists.

regards,
greg

Offline oldfrank

Re: sights specs on CZ posted somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »
I have never seen what you are looking for.

CZ Custom shop used to have a picture showing which sights are used on which gun but I am not sure it is still there.

Offline Gregor

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:35:57 PM »
Thanx for the info Frank. I will move on over to the CZ Custom site. That said I did find some info at the "LPA" sight. They show pics of various sights for CZ models . My dilemma is I search for sights for a ZIgana K model(s) as they have the longitudinal cut for the front sights, as does various CZ models. That said I picked up a used adjustable sight and filed it in. It shot high. I then removed the blade and filed it down and had to file the housing it goes into with the slot. I can't file it lower but at least now it groups at 2.25'' at 7 yards as the factory plastic sight was shooting 3''++ at  7 yds. I am now somewhat satisfied. I may be able to tweak it a bit more and will see. Meanwhile I keep searching for sights that fit it without tons of work.

In all,....for the money,..$350.00 ( Dec - '17) it is a very fine pistol, for the money, as mentioned by the originator of this thread.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:40:07 PM by Gregor »

Offline 1steelshooter

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 02:46:41 AM »
Since you say you can fit a cz sight to your gun Dawson Precision makes all different height sights for CZs. Measure the height of your front sight then use dawson's sight calculator to figure out what height sight you need. Dawson measures height from the top of the slide.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/cz-sights/cz-front-sights/

Offline Gregor

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 07:54:50 AM »
Since you say you can fit a cz sight to your gun Dawson Precision makes all different height sights for CZs. Measure the height of your front sight then use dawson's sight calculator to figure out what height sight you need. Dawson measures height from the top of the slide.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/cz-sights/cz-front-sights/

Thanx for that Steelshooter    :)     Dawson!