Author Topic: CZ P10c First Day at Range  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Guardsix6

CZ P10c First Day at Range
« on: May 10, 2017, 05:52:58 PM »
I managed to get my new CZ P10c to my favorite indoor range, Ballastic Therapy, and shot it along with my new FN 509.  Here's some results you might find interesting.

CZ P10c - The pistol was cleaned and dried before bringing to the range.  It had a lot of oil on it out of the box.  I have only the two 15 rd magazines.  I went through both magazines twice and then fire the last two rds I had with me.  So, about 62 rds which isn't a lot, but there's always next time.

The trigger on the CZ is very gritty.  Was kind of disappointed in that.  It did get a little better while firing, but not much.  It will take a few more rounds, but I think it will eventually work our.  The reset is very, very short and hardly noticeable.  You can very easily fire a double-tap without much thought using this pistol.  I didn't have a single fault during the entire 62 rounds.  The pistol performed flawlessly..  I'll load up my target below.  I shot points 1 -5 - 4  with the CZ.  My groups were pretty good from about 4-5 yards.  If I have to shoot something further away than that, I'm running away!  I'm certainly not an expert, but the CZ was easy to get on target.  The three-dot sights were fine although they were a little dim. I would prefer a larger front sight which the FN has.  I tried shooting the CZ without gloves, but found that pretty uncomfortable after the first magazine.  I'll be looking for some Talon Grips or something to knock down the texturing on the CZ for sure.  With gloves, it shot just fine.

FN 509 - The FN was easier to shoot for me.  My trigger finger got to the FN trigger a lot easier.  It felt like I was stretching my finger to reach the CZ trigger and it has to be firmly around the front of the trigger on the CZ.  The reset on the FN was short and noticeable.  I could shoot double-taps but not as quickly as with the CZ.  I also got through four magazines of 17-rds each plus two additional rds without a single problem. My groups weren't as nice with the FN, but they were pretty much on target.  I shot points 6 - 3 - 2 on the target sheet with the FN.

So, MY conclusion, is that I like shooting the FN 509 better than I do the CZ P10c right now.  I also have a holster that will fit the FN just right, but not one for the CZ. The FN will be my carry pistol for now.

I hope you get something out of this.  I'm open to questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:20:34 PM by Guardsix6 »

Offline justifiablyfit

Re: CZ P10c First Day at Range
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 06:03:57 PM »
Thanks for posting.!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline scottinohio

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 06:35:08 PM »
      Nice Report!!! ;D

Offline TheLocNar

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
Thanks for the report!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
Thanks for the range report. Incidentally, DT2C is my favorite practice target.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 07:39:29 PM »
How were the trigger breaks and recoil? That was the thing I found most surprising about the Beretta APX.

Offline dave33

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »
So I'm guessing you are right handed?

Offline Guardsix6

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »

Well, how would you know that?  I'm trying to get my trigger pull consistent and not flinch.  My grip needs work too.

Offline Guardsix6

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
How were the trigger breaks and recoil? That was the thing I found most surprising about the Beretta APX.

Trigger break on the P10c was pretty sharp, but I was so put-off by  the scratchy trigger, I didn't pay much attention.  I hope it smooths out real quick.  Got to do more shooting with it.

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 11:40:58 PM »

Well, how would you know that?  I'm trying to get my trigger pull consistent and not flinch.  My grip needs work too.

Looks like you're doing pretty good, you're grouping pretty consistently.

Without seeing you shoot, I'd bet a nickle that you're dropping your left elbow.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 11:44:27 PM »
Thank you very much for the report - do the two guns match up size by size, as well? I have to say with my experience with CZ pistols is the triggers wear in to a glass smoothness. However, that was the regular DA/SA trigger - I was accused of having a trigger job on my P-01, was just the wear in on it. You aren't the first one to mention the trigger felt gritty for some reason, when the reason many wanted it was the reports from the Pre Production prototypes was how incredible the trigger was. Looking forward to trying it myself.
Was it the pistol that made you say you wouldn't shoot longer range, or just you? How did the 509 do at longer range?
Once again, thank you again for the range report!

Offline Guardsix6

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 12:15:50 AM »
I did a pretty good comparison with pictures over on the "Compact CZ 75" forum topic.  Quickly, they are almost the exact same size and shape, remarkably so.  I was also surprised about the CZ P10c trigger when I first picked it up out of the box and pulled the trigger.  Felt like I was drawing across sand paper!  It's got to get smoother.  The FN 509 trigger, to me and this is MY opinion, is much smoother right now.

Oh, as for longer ranges, I'm a mature guy at 67 years of age.  I can't straighten my back up like I used to while in the military, some type of fancy disability I've gotten, so it's a little hard for me to steady a pistol for a long shot on target.  I could do it if I had to, but I figure any young punk threatening me with a gun is going to do it close (like in my house), because he couldn't hit anything from 5 yards away anyway, so now it's just who shoots first and hits the most times on center of mass.  I won't have a problem shooting first if I see he has a gun, and I won't stop until he/she is lying down nice and quiet 5 yards away from me.  If he's out further than 5 yards, he/she isn't a real threat as far as I'm concerned.  (I'm having some fun here so don't nobody get offended!) 

I also ran out of ammo this time around.  It was just getting two new guns to the range for the first time.  I'll grab some more ammo and be going back to shoot some different distances.  I'll make some kind of range report when I do that later.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 03:44:21 AM »
Ah, OK, that makes sense now, sorry about that and thank you for your service, sir. I'm hearing from a lot of people the P-10C trigger isn't the same as reported in the pre production prototypes, not sure what's going on there. Hopefully it's like so many other CZ pistols and smooth's out quickly.

Offline HST

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 08:06:48 AM »
The Fn i checked out at the dealer had the grittiest take up i ever tried. So gritty you could hear it . The Apx trigger was real nice . I going to the range this morning and will
be putting another 200 rounds thru the pP 10 . I will have my gunsmith put a scale on the trigger and let you know what i have . I have seen a report of 6 LBS , i don't think 
Mine is close to that. I'll let you Know .   

Offline K3JB

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 09:00:01 PM »
Thanks for the report, the trigger grittiness surprises me.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

anything