Author Topic: Grease,Oil,Both  (Read 4015 times)

Offline TexanFX2

Re: Grease,Oil,Both
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
Vinny:

Give Slip 2000 EGW grease a try, I am positive you will love it! :D   (I also use Glide Slide during colder days)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:28:30 AM by TexanFX2 »
Cajunized SP-01 | Cajunized Shadow 2 + CZ Kadet

Offline Vinny

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
Thanks Texan,
I will try the Slip 2000 EGW Grease. It's pretty hot here in FL year-round, even in NC Mountains where we go for Summers. I assume your climate is similar.
I'd like to find something that's slick and sticks on the CZ rails, so I'll give it a try.
I expect ZERO failures from my SD guns, going 1,000's of rounds without a hiccup using good ammo. I log everything with records on every gun. So, I usually only shoot ~150-200 rounds between field strips and the Lucas Extreme Duty Oil works fine and is easy to clean up. But ,it would be nice to just clean up the  throat and feed ramp through the breach and keep shooting knowing the lube is still all good to go.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Diamondbackmike2004

• Shooters assume the firing position
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:10 AM »
LUBRIPLATE 130-A EVERYTHING!!!!.......................everything

EGW works well too

Lol jk on the everything.....

a little grease on the slide rails

Please just for all things holy don't use WD40... its not a lubricant but is a water displacement formula.   
I might know what im talking about....but today, I don't.....

Offline kato01

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 07:35:58 AM »
I use the Frog Lube paste on the sections other posters use grease. Works very well.  I'm in Texas, and it holds up well, even when it's hot outside.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 11:58:42 PM »
Vinny:

Give Slip 2000 EWG grease a try, I am positive you will love it! :D   (I also use Glide Slide during colder days)

Texan, I ordered 4oz of Slip 2000 EWG Monday from Amazon, got it yesterday. 
It's like STP on steroids! Slick, sticky, and just thick enough to stay in place in the FL heat.

Tried it on my RAMI BD today (92deg.outside) figuring this hot little hardworking 9mm would be a good test. Shot quickly through 200 rounds, with just a quick feed ramp cleaning through the breach at 100 rounds. Then field stripped at 200 to see how the lube was holding up. Pleasantly surprised to see it still sticking to the rails and slipp'in and slid'in perfectly. Looked good for at least another 200.

Haven't received the Lucas grease yet to try, but the EWG was a great recommendation.
Thanks,  Vinny

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:01:06 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:06 AM »
I'm in Texas and have shot a 500 rd match using only the Mobil 1 it started with...on everything :).  It was still ready to go again after the match. The ramp and chamber areas were sooty but the oil was still on all the friction areas.  Hot or cold climates have little or no effect on the synthetic oils.
  From what I've seen any 'quality lube' will get the job done. 

Offline coolbox

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 05:56:31 AM »
I'm in Texas and have shot a 500 rd match using only the Mobil 1 it started with...on everything :).  It was still ready to go again after the match. The ramp and chamber areas were sooty but the oil was still on all the friction areas.  Hot or cold climates have little or no effect on the synthetic oils.

Thats good to know.
I have a tight fit CZ, the CTS. Oil would be really pushed out of the slide rails, and grease too, only a very thin layer would stay. I experimented and found grease to be to my liking, as the very thin layer of grease still has longer staying properties I do add synthetic oil mixture and MoS2 additive for extra insurance in the grease.
I would not hesitate from using Mobil 1 (or any fully synthetic oil) either. They all give more than satisfactory performance.
I would still be biased towards grease+synthetic oil+MoS2 mixture for moderate to warm climates.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Vinny

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

When I change my motor oil...I always hate to toss those jugs of Mobil 1 with an oz. or so still on the bottom. Now I know what to do with 'em! I'm guessing my 1911's would love it. ;D
"Carpe Diem"

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »
Vinny,  I've been doing exactly that for years.  If you have a pin oiler,  you'll get enough oil to precise apply the right amount of oil in the precise places to last a lifetime.

Offline benq

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
Vinny,  I've been doing exactly that for years.  If you have a pin oiler,  you'll get enough oil to precise apply the right amount of oil in the precise places to last a lifetime.

This is what I have in my range bag: Oiler pen applicator with 5W-30 Mobile 1. I run most of my game guns wet, but HD or EDC pistols get oil in specific places.  I refill the pen every 10,000 miles or 6 months which ever comes first.  ;D

Offline Vinny

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »

Perfect. I already have several 1oz bottles with steel pin applicator. But, I may have to buy more guns and shoot more often to keep up with my 'free' gun oil supply! lol   ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:29:44 PM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Joe L

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
Have dipstick, will lube.   :) :)
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Kisssofdeath

• Live today as if it was your last day.
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 01:49:11 AM »
I used to use grease and oil, now I mostly use just oil.  I also clean my guns after every outing except maybe the barrel, but everything else gets cleaned and new oil.  After 7-800 rounds or so I put the disassembled slide, frame and smaller parts into the ultrasonic cleaner.  You have to be careful with the ultrasonic cleaner.
Thanks,
Tim

If you know how many guns you have ...you don't have enough.