Author Topic: Carjack Attempts  (Read 1448 times)

Offline ArmyCop

Carjack Attempts
« on: November 13, 2006, 02:15:25 PM »
Two seperate incidents - video news clips about them.

What do you think?

Couple video reports for two seperate carjacking attempts involving an Armed Citizen.

www.wvec.com/sharedconten...2&catId=44

www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/MyF...cale=EN-US

Offline verbaltharhino

Carjack Attempts
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
I couldn't open the 2nd one.  As far as the first one...ARRGGHHH.  The families of these criminals never cease to amaze me.  "Just give him the car. You can get another car, but you can't replace his life" or something like that.  How ignorant can you be?  When there's a gun pointed at you, how do you know they're only going to take the car?  I don't care how old this scumbag was.  If there's two guys jacking you for your car at gunpoint and you have the chance to defend yourself, I say go for it.

Offline EZ CZ75

Carjack Attempts
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:39:29 PM »
I can't believe that they reported it as a "... carjacking gone bad.">: >: >: >:   I don't know all the details, but if the kid was killed in self defense then it was a carjacking gone good!!!  OK, bad grammar, but you get the point.  I don't know all, but breaking the law is never a good defense when you get shot.

Offline Kevin Quinlan

Carjack Attempts
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 02:40:48 PM »
Someone with a weapon, who is committing a felony is NOT a "child."

Offline twoguns

Carjack Attempts
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »
Second video would not open for me either.

As for the first, well I think the proper phrase for the 15 year old is ... armed felon using a firearm in the commission of a felony.  Assuming it is a good shot, part of me wants to ask why the news chose to give it the time they did.  But the other part already knows why they did too.

I am just happy the off duty deputy was apparently not injured.