Author Topic: Super impressed with CZ/DW and their warranty...  (Read 475 times)

Offline villdetwink

Super impressed with CZ/DW and their warranty...
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
A few weeks ago at the range one of the Tritium inserts came out of my rear sight... kind of bummed to say the least.
Posted on the fB DW fan page, asking if this had happened to anyone there, and if they knew if CZ/DW warrantied the sights.
Got a lot of good responses, and the consciousness was that they would be warrantied.

After explaining what happened and providing a photo of the issue, a very helpful CSR informed me that the sights are subcontracted out to another party...however they would in fact warranty them regardless.
He then got me in touch with a DW gunsmith and walked me though filing a warranty claim and how to send the slide back to DW.
Awesome, I just assumed they would send me out a replacement...nope the replacement(s) would be installed by one of their gunsmiths!
They also provided a FedEx label to send the slide back to them.

So, after a couple long weeks being without my Guardian.
I finally got it back today.

The white ring in the front sight was coming out, and while I did mention this to them ...I was not really expecting them to replace it.
Well, they did, and it appears they actually upgraded the front sight, as the old one did not have the enlarged white ring...sweet!

I must say I am very impressed with both their customer service and warranty... honestly, I do not think there are that many companies out there that will stand behind their products this well. 
While the pistol craftsmanship alone was enough for me to be a fan, this kind of service has earned them a life long customer!

before:

after:

A Special Thank you to Shawn and CZ/Dan Wesson!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:57:56 PM by villdetwink »

Offline handig00

Re: Super impressed with CZ/DW and their warranty...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 05:53:31 PM »
That is good news indeed, i have a Guardian and my tritium also came out,, ( my front sight )
Is Shawn the  customer service rep at DW ?
Do you think it matters if I filed a warranty card or not ?
Thanks

Offline villdetwink

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 09:40:59 AM »
That is good news indeed, i have a Guardian and my tritium also came out,, ( my front sight )
Is Shawn the  customer service rep at DW ?
Do you think it matters if I filed a warranty card or not ?
Thanks

Yes, Shawn is whom I dealt with.
It may, although I am not 100%.
Good luck, I hope they are able to get it fixed for you.

Offline handig00

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 01:48:49 AM »
Thank you, I called friday, ended up leaving a message, will atempt again Monday,
Thank you