Author Topic: K2 rear sight adjustment screw BROKE! UPDATE  (Read 1290 times)

Offline mrrick

K2 rear sight adjustment screw BROKE! UPDATE
« on: May 12, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »
The K2 .45acp rear sight adjustment screw BROKE!
Just shooting normal 230 gr., around 700 rounds through it.
Put the gun down on the bench at the range, see a screw lying there.  Exam the gun to
see where it came from.  It's the rear sight adjustment screw.  Snapped in half, part still in the rear sight.
Gunsmith said he could get it out, but finding replacement is difficult.  He said sight manufacturers prefer to sell you a whole new sight.

Any of you know where I can find one.

I've had the gun for about 6 months, have had a lot of feeding problems with 5 different Mecgar magazines.  A little disappointed with that. Wanted it to be home defense gun, but can't rely on it for that until I get feed problems solved.  (going to try some of the suggestions on other threads).  Replaced recoil spring with a Wolff 15 pound.  Used about 10 brands of ammo.  Some better than others, but none 100%.  If it wasn't so accurate and fun to shoot, I'd use it for an anchor on my canoe.

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:51:08 AM by mrrick »

Offline whitecap

Re: K2 rear sight adjustment screw BROKE!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »
I suppose that the sight manufacturers would love selling you a new sight but I hardly think that is necessary. If you've had it to a smith, he can easily remove the sight and start trying different sizes and TPI of screws. If it was made on this planet there are only a small number of sizes available. It's either SAE or metric but will not be available at Home Depot. Ace hardware has some other than standard sizes and TPI you may want to investigate. If you find a suitable substitute please post your results. You should better describe the feeding problem you are having and include pictures if possible. To me this would be the main concern.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »
EAA still lifetime warranties all of their SAR handguns sold by them, to the original owner.  IF this is the case for you, they might send you a new Rear Sight for free.
Also, see this thread: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85884.0

As for your feeding issues, .45's are infamous for needing good stiff Magazine Springs and the Wolff +10% Para Ordnance P14 Magazine Spring may solve at least some of your issues.
That said, I'm still using the stock Magazine Springs.
Also see this thread: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81362.0
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline mrrick

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 01:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the info, I'll investigate further.

Offline mrrick

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
After searching for hours, could not find the screw.
Emailed EAA to ask them for one. 
did order +10% Wolff magazine springs, so I hope that problem will be fixed, thanks jwc.

All new suggestions welcomed.

Offline mrrick

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 06:59:26 PM »
EAA replied that they only sell complete sight, $55.00plus $10.00 shipping.
Guess I'll keep looking for a 15 cent screw,
 or just shoot as is with a 12 o'clock hold.
Will try the new importers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:48:23 AM by mrrick »

Offline mrrick

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »
Update.

I replaced my mag springs with Wolf +10%, and the recoil spring with a Wolf 15 pound.  Still function problems.  I am thinking of replacing the extractor.  Can't find K2 parts, any help there?
If not, would the CZ97 extractor spring fit in the K2?

I've been so frustrated that I bought a Springfield Armory XDm in 45acp.  Functions perfectly.  (plus I get 4 extra mags, a holster, and mag holder).  Among the many semi-autos I have in various calibers, I've never had this problem.  Is there a "lemon law" for firearms?

Offline MetalGravy

Re: K2 rear sight adjustment screw BROKE! UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »
Which ammo were you shooting?  I use the stock MegGar springs exclusively and have had reliable (though, not perfect) feeding through over 3700 rounds.  I will say that mine is very picky when it comes to hollow points.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:09:54 AM by MetalGravy »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 06:34:28 AM »
"Is there a "lemon law" for firearms?"
Did you try to file a warranty claim?

Offline mrrick

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »
I've used a dozen different ammo.

File a warranty claim?  With whom?  Not sure who imports them now.  Apparently there have been recent changes.

anything