Author Topic: RESOLVED: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice  (Read 977 times)

Offline krehmkej

Re: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
The rubber grips on my steel compact were slightly out of spec, causing poor alignment of the screws to their holes.
Likely someone at the factory forced the fit.
I had to open the holes in the steel backer on the grips to reassemble after Cajunizing mine.
-jwk-

Online gnumadic

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
Thank you for the follow up, glad that you are getting it fixed. I agree this is a great time to buy another CZ.  :D

Well, today I shipped the gun and then placed an order for a P-09 Kadet Adapter Kit. Not a whole but a half CZ!!!  :D
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready | CZ P-09 Kadet Kit | CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01)
--
“Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.” - Ron Paul

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
The rubber grips on my steel compact were slightly out of spec, causing poor alignment of the screws to their holes.
Likely someone at the factory forced the fit.
I had to open the holes in the steel backer on the grips to reassemble after Cajunizing mine.

Every set I've installed has at least one grip that must be pushed/pinched forward to align the holes.  I drop the front into the frame and then do my best to push/squeeze from the back towards the front to get those holes to line up so the screw will start/thread straight.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Online gnumadic

RESOLVED: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
Got my SP-01 Compact back from CZ a week ago today with a note that the grip screw threads had been re-tapped and that it fired good (not sure why it needed a test fire but oh well). However, I didn't get a chance to inspect the work until today when I put on the G10 grips I originally set out to install.

This isn't the original grip screw (pretty sure), but the new screw they replaced it with still seems to have deformed a little even after the re-tap.

However, the HB Industries hex head screw hand tightened all the way in.

Here's my new set-up with Pachmayr G-10 grips and a Laxermax UNI-EX sight.

I plan to keep this mainly in my car. I bought an Ace Industries holster, but if I'm not careful I accidentally turn on the laser since it's a soft-sided holster. Any recommendations for a laser compatible holster that is more rigid on the sides? I don't need a custom carry holster, just something for the center console of my car.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:14:42 PM by gnumadic »
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready | CZ P-09 Kadet Kit | CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01)
--
“Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.” - Ron Paul

Offline Winkel

Re: RESOLVED: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »
Maybe a Kydex insert?  That wouldn't be cheap though unless you want to try your hand at it.

I'v made a few now and they've turned out really well.  There are tons of Youtube videos available.

Online gnumadic

Re: RESOLVED: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
Maybe a Kydex insert?  That wouldn't be cheap though unless you want to try your hand at it.

I'v made a few now and they've turned out really well.  There are tons of Youtube videos available.
Sounds like a good solution...maybe not Kydex but something cheaper but rigid that I can insert into the fabric. I do have sewing skills (in addition to nun-chuck, bow hunting, and computer hacking skills).  :D
--

anything