Author Topic: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice  (Read 535 times)

Offline krehmkej

Re: Grip Screw Stripped - Need Advice
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
The rubber grips on my steel compact were slightly out of spec, causing poor alignment of the screws to their holes.
Likely someone at the factory forced the fit.
I had to open the holes in the steel backer on the grips to reassemble after Cajunizing mine.
-jwk-

Offline gnumadic

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
Thank you for the follow up, glad that you are getting it fixed. I agree this is a great time to buy another CZ.  :D

Well, today I shipped the gun and then placed an order for a P-09 Kadet Adapter Kit. Not a whole but a half CZ!!!  :D
- CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready
- CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
The rubber grips on my steel compact were slightly out of spec, causing poor alignment of the screws to their holes.
Likely someone at the factory forced the fit.
I had to open the holes in the steel backer on the grips to reassemble after Cajunizing mine.

Every set I've installed has at least one grip that must be pushed/pinched forward to align the holes.  I drop the front into the frame and then do my best to push/squeeze from the back towards the front to get those holes to line up so the screw will start/thread straight.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.