Author Topic: Rented a P-10C today...  (Read 2866 times)

Offline dpsk

Rented a P-10C today...
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
...at my LGC. 
It met my expectations, and was pretty much like every video/write-up I had seen.  The grip angle and overall shape and feel is very close to my P07.  The biggest difference is (of course) the very aggressive front and back mini-pyramid texturing (akin to if Glock had a harsh Gen 4 grip texture).  The sides of the grip texturing is perfectly fine, but the front and back texture on the grip is a bit too much for me.  However, I completely understand CZ's designing it that way, as it should completely eliminate the need to add grip tape for most people - with the exception of those die hard types who just have to have it.  When I get one (yes - I'll buy one), I'll have to take some fine grit sand paper to smooth it out a bit.  I actually wish that CZ would have used the same type of texturing they did on the P07/09.  The trigger break is great, but not too light.  I've shot the PPQ M2 a couple of times now, and while it's trigger is (subjectively) better, I think it's just too light for a defensive pistol (but makes for a great range pistol).  With the PPQ, I had a couple of inadvertent double taps as a result of the trigger weight/reset over the course of a couple hundred rounds.  Nothing that a bit of training wouldn't fix, but I've NEVER had that with any other pistol.  The P-10C has a very nice light break (but not too light), and definitive reset - with no inadvertent double taps.  It's certainly better than my Gen 4 G19 and G17s were out of the box (I've since done some "tuning" to both of them, which has improved them significantly).  It points very naturally for me (like my P07), and grouping tight shots out to 7 yards was very easy.  I don't think it shoots any "flatter" than any other polymer 9mm I've shot, but then again 9mm isn't hard for me to control.  The sights are nearly identical to the P07's, but the rear sight on the rental pistol was off just a bit to the left (I could easily see that it needed to be drifted to the right).  When I first shot my P07 the rear sight ended up drifting a bit.  I re-centered it and added a bit of loctite to the set screw and it's remained in place since.  The size and weight are (as advertised) very close to the G19 and/or the P07.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my G19 or P07 holsters with me so I couldn't check the fit.  I really hope it'll fit into my Vedder LightTuck that I have for my P07.  I will say I wasn't too impressed with the mag release.  Although it functioned perfectly fine from both the left and right sides, the magazine hung up a bit when pressing the release until you released the button.  Even then, it doesn't spring out like most other pistols I own.  However, I imagine it will likely loosen up over time, so I don't see that issue as a show stopper.  The slide stop/release acts as a slide stop/release, and if you prefer using it to release the slide to chamber a round, there's absolutely no hang-up.  The trigger safety lever (dingus) does stick out from the face of the trigger shoe a bit, and did end up pressing into the pad of my trigger finger, which was somewhat annoying, but not painful over the course of 100 rounds.  However, I'd likely have to take some sand paper to contour it so it matches the face of the trigger shoe.  Overall it's a very nice pistol that easily competes with the other polymer 9mm offerings out there right now.  As I said, I'll buy one, but I can wait a bit longer until the stock of available P-10Cs  matches the demand.  That's fine though, as I have a number of other great pistols that I don't shoot often enough anyways.  ::)

PS:  I hope someone will be able to modify my P07 mags with the center cut so I can use them in the P-10C as well.  Maybe Cajun gun works or CZ custom???
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:33:12 PM by dpsk »

Offline ragingbulldaily

Re: Rented a P-10C today...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:45 PM »
Nice review, very much on point. Mine is going in this week for a custom stippling, other than the mag release and the wait for sights, it should be good to go when it gets back from the shop. Nice review once again for only pushing a hundred rounds from a rental gun...

Offline Gretsch9

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »
Nice write up. I had the same problem with the mags only partially dropping until yesterday. I did a little polishing on the mag release button and the release lever and now mags shoot out just like the rest of my guns.
PCR,  97B, P07, P09,P10c

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »
Good write up.  Yes, PPQ is WAY TOO LIGHT.

I felt the perfect SF trigger the other day - the Canik TP9SF.  Perfect.  Like a tuned 1911 and not too light. Almost bought it despite it is not a hammer gun.  Haven't seen a CZ yet.  Hard to see CZs - thats the main problem.

Offline rich63

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »
I've had my P10c for nearly 3 weeks now and only 400 rounds through it with absolutely no hiccups. When I received mine the magazine release was very stiff but is loosening up nicely. Is it where I would like it to be? No, but it is getting easier. Will continue to dry fire and do mag drops at home. The trigger is smoothing out some after you the wall. I was contemplating tearing the gun down after watching earlan357's detail strip and reassembly video, but I don't think I will for now. Everything is smoothing out naturally. After 400 rounds through the gun and hundreds and hundreds of dry fires the trigger feels great. I love the reset. Short and very audible. The trigger pull is still coming in at 4 1/2#'s.

rich63

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 04:34:57 PM »
Agreed!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »
Thank you! I never thought a range would be smart enough to get one for a rental, nice to see - the indoor range i worked at back in the day always thought new guns were for sale only, just old and worn on the rental line.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »
Agh. I wanna rent one so bad :( My range has an APX for rent.

I stopped by the display case yesterday, and they had the FN 509 price tag and Beretta APX price tag, but I assume they were bought. No P10C.

Offline dpsk

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 12:16:16 AM »
Thank you! I never thought a range would be smart enough to get one for a rental, nice to see - the indoor range i worked at back in the day always thought new guns were for sale only, just old and worn on the rental line.

Best thing about it, I get a free rental every year with my membership.  I did have to buy the clubs "approved" ammo at a rather inflated price though.  Based on how dirty the P10C was, my guess is it's being rented on a regular basis, so the club is making money off the deal.

Offline dpsk

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 12:17:54 AM »
Agh. I wanna rent one so bad :( My range has an APX for rent.

I stopped by the display case yesterday, and they had the FN 509 price tag and Beretta APX price tag, but I assume they were bought. No P10C.

I'd rent the APX just to try it out.  Although I own a 92FS and a 92FS compact, I don't have much of a desire to get the APX, but it would be interesting to shoot one.

Offline doubledown

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 11:26:40 AM »
Just picked up a P-10c. Expect to go to the range this weekend. Other that the "little bit too aggressive" stippling, trigger and ergos are nice. Think I'm going to like it. Picked up an APX the other week. Surprisingly my buddy and I shot some of our best groups ever without even cleaning or breaking it in, right out the box new. While the looks may be polarizing, it's an accurate tack driver imho.

Offline G33

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
Just a side note: from what I've seen and noted the P10 is more like a G17 than it is a G19 size wise.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Offline Gretsch9

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:40 AM »
Just a side note: from what I've seen and noted the P10 is more like a G17 than it is a G19 size wise.

Not in my experience. The slide on the P10 is .2 taller than the G19, measured at the rear of the front sight. However, when they're side by side upside down, resting on the sights, the bottom of the mags are almost the same height.The P10 is .2 taller. If I were to bob the backstrap of the P10,like the G19,they would basically be the same size. In my hands it feels like a more ergonomic G19 and carries just as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:37:02 AM by Gretsch9 »
PCR,  97B, P07, P09,P10c

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »

Best thing about it, I get a free rental every year with my membership.  I did have to buy the clubs "approved" ammo at a rather inflated price though.  Based on how dirty the P10C was, my guess is it's being rented on a regular basis, so the club is making money off the deal.

I'm pretty lucky. The APX was free rental of hte week (otherwise 5$ to rent it), and ammo is 13 for a box of 9mm! Pretty reasonable.

Offline G33

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »

Not in my experience. The slide on the P10 is .2 taller than the G19, measured at the rear of the front sight. However, when they're side by side upside down, resting on the sights, the bottom of the mags are almost the same height.The P10 is .2 taller. If I were to bob the backstrap of the P10,like the G19,they would basically be the same size. In my hands it feels like a more ergonomic G19 and carries just as well.
It's funny how we all 'feel' things differently. 😊

I know there's no mags in but thisis the image that swayed me.

anything