Author Topic: Is 10m brass worth anything?  (Read 378 times)

Offline copemech

Is 10m brass worth anything?
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:25:42 AM »
I mean, I picked up 100-150 rds of this stuff  at the range yesterday just because it was laying there close and seems such a waste. A lot if SIG nickle plate in the batch too.

Offline ReloaderFred

Re: Is 10m brass worth anything?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:40:25 AM »
10mm brass is always worth picking up.  Post it for sale and it will get gobbled up fast.  You can also trade it for something you need.

Hope this helps.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:18:49 AM »
I have various calibers of once fired brass if you want to trade.

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »
See, there you go.  I would have offered, but I've got a couple thousand 10mm brass that I bought when the FBI was using the round.  There is a big demand for reasonably priced 10mm brass.

Hope this helps.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
I say keep the brass... Several times for me the brass came before the Gun.
Once you have enough its a good excuse to get a new gun or makes it hard to pass up a deal on a gun if you already have the brass.
I bought a 380 acp pistol and a 38 Super slide because I had brass. No regrets.
Next on the list is a 38 Spl/357 lever action... because I already have the brass.
30-06 brass bag is getting full too.

I load several calibers that I have never bought a factory box of ammo for.
38 Super
30/30
And I can honestly say only ONE box of 9mm that was supposed to go to a buddy and only 15 rounds are used out of it.
7.62X54R surplus is cheaper to buy than it is to load but I still have plenty of brass to do it myself with cast lead.
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline copemech

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 01:12:31 AM »
Once you have enough its a good excuse to get a new gun or makes it hard to pass up a deal on a gun if you already have the brass.
Next on the list is a 38 Spl/357 lever action... because I already have the brass.

38 Super
30/30
And I can honestly say only ONE box of 9mm that was supposed to go to a buddy and only 15 rounds are used out of it.
7.62X54R surplus is cheaper to buy than it is to load but I still have plenty of brass to do it myself with cast lead.

I try to avoid this temptation. It takes you to places you may not want to go.

10mm is just not my style, as I have gone 9mm with pretty much everything with minor exception, and I do not reload for them, although I could.

Anyone that goes out and blows off a couple hundred rounds of factory 10mm and leaves the brass in a nice pile must have a lot of money! That is whi I picked them up.

Pity is it usually costs more to ship brass than it is worth. Would 150 rds of range fodder be worth ten bucks at a gun show?

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 09:14:28 AM »
Rich guy was what I was thinkin...

Yeah shipping sucks. Eventually you will find a home for it. Friends get what I don't use myself.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:17:38 AM by vwpieces »
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 10:33:13 AM »

38 Super
30/30

I try to avoid this temptation. It takes you to places you may not want to go.

10mm is just not my style, as I have gone 9mm with pretty much everything with minor exception, and I do not reload for them, although I could.

Anyone that goes out and blows off a couple hundred rounds of factory 10mm and leaves the brass in a nice pile must have a lot of money! That is whi I picked them up.

Pity is it usually costs more to ship brass than it is worth. Would 150 rds of range fodder be worth ten bucks at a gun show?

Or it could be he needs practice or likes to shoot and just doesn't reload. I see absolutely no correlation between ones financial status and the fact they do not pick up their brass. Why would anyone pick up if they don't reload or know someone who does? Is shooting a 10mm reserved for the rich while peasants are relegated to a lowly 9mm?   

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 12:09:05 PM »
I'm not rich and I have lots of 10mm firearms (pistols, revolver and Carbine), but I'm also an inveterate brass rat.  I can't walk by a piece of brass on the ground without picking it up.  I hate to see good, usable products wasted.  If nothing else, it has scrap value. 

I'm one of those weird people who considers the work that went into manufacturing a product, all the way from mining the raw materials to the final destination and use.  If I can re-use it, or get it back into the supply chain, I feel like I'm doing some good.  I'm not a tree hugger by any means, since I was recycling long before hugging trees was fashionable.  I just consider myself as "practical", probably because I was raised by parents who grew up during the Great Depression, and didn't waste a thing.

Picking up brass you don't use makes for good trade material, at the very least.  The 10mm happens to be one of those calibers in great demand to a small group of people, who will grab it up at every opportunity.  There are some other calibers that fall into that group as well.  (anybody find any .25-20 or .218 Bee Brass??)

Hope this helps.

Fred

Offline Dan_69GTX

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »
And don't forget about the post Wobbly started:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84184.0

That helped me out!!

Still looking for 357/38 brass for him at the ranges.
Some trust in chassis, Some in Horsepower, But we trust in the Lord our God.

If it goes "boom" or "vroom" I'm intersted.

Offline painter

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »
<snip>

Likewise...I have 10 or so pieces waiting to multiply before I send it along.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline copemech

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 11:44:53 PM »
I also admit the fact that I have been picking up some 357/38 brass lately. Them guys with round guns  just leave the stuff in nice little piles it seems, and I cannot resist shiney trinkets in front of me.  O0

Adding to this dilemma, I was caught fondling a beautiful 357 Blackhawk in Stainless last weekend for ONLY 400 bucks! O0

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
That's a good price on any Blackhawk in good shape, but an outstanding price on one in stainless.  I've got about a dozen Blackhawks, and they're good solid guns.  If you didn't buy it, you should have............

Fred

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 08:07:48 AM »
And don't forget about the post Wobbly started:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84184.0

That helped me out!!

Oh quit that guys, before you make me cry.    :'(

O0
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »
I almost never find any once fired 10 MM brass around here.
Use to find a good bit of 357 Sig brass but its kind of dried up as well.
of course no 38 Super brass either.
 IF a shooter doesn't reload then usually they aren't picking up brass, no need for it and most don't have a clue that's its really little dimes and quarters laying there in the floor.
Heck a few years back a  man and a couple of females (I assume family members) were shooting a Desert Eagle in 50 AE and was letting the brass lay.
I picked up a  spent case to see what the caliber was, he asked hey if you want this stuff you can have it.
 I was amazed that someone would shoot that caliber and not reload?
 he said he didn't get t shoot it a lot because the ammo was so hard to find and so expensive.
 I should have taken it but for some reason I didn't, I think he ran through about 100 rounds as it was in either 20 or 25  round boxes.

anything