Author Topic: P-10C Trigger Polishing Video  (Read 23437 times)

Offline earlan357

P-10C Trigger Polishing Video
« on: May 16, 2017, 01:03:39 AM »
So I performed the equivalent of the "Glock: $0.25 Trigger Job" on my P-10C today.  Here's the video.  Also added disassembly/reassembly of the striker and striker safety. 
When slowly squeezing the trigger after the wall, I could get the trigger to "hitch" halfway through the break.  Now it's smooth.
Before I was averaging 6lbs 1oz on the trigger.  After it went down to about 5lbs 13oz.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:31:36 AM by earlan357 »

Offline dondavis3

• YourCorvette.com
Re: P-10C Trigger Polishing Video
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
Excellent post.

Thanks for taking the time to do it.
CZ 75 Compact Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI P  9mm
CZ 75 P-07 Duty
CZ 75 P-09 Duty
CZ P-10 C

Offline Big L.E.E.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
Will probably have to give this a try.  My trigger pull is around 6.5lbs and gritty.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:38:29 PM »
I thought the original CZ claim was 4.5 lb
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Big L.E.E.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 09:50:27 AM »
I noticed yesterday, on the first round, I was running into a hitch at the beginning of the trigger pull.  After I got home, I started looking at things, and found that if I put too much finger on the trigger, I was torquing the trigger safety, so it wasn't disengaging fully.   This added the resistance at the beginning of the trigger pull.   The easy fix is using the middle of my finger pad, as the P10 seems to have less tendency to shoot to the left than my Glocks.

But I wonder if polishing the third area in the diagram above would help, or hurt the issue.

Edited to add:

I think I found the answer to my question.  I do not believe the issue is with the trigger assembly, but with the frame.  After a little more experimentation, I found the back of the safety was getting caught on the frame, if I didn't fully depress the safety.  Adding more finger to the trigger apparently was pushing my finger up on the safety, so I wasn't fully depressing it.  I suppose I could remove some material from the inlet or shape the safety, but for the moment, I'm just going to try to train through it. 

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:59:40 AM by Big L.E.E. »

Offline BobcatAZ

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 01:22:44 PM »
Just wondering if anyone experiences a slight "bump" just before the wall on their trigger? Easily felt when pulling trigger slowly when dry firing. More of an annoyance than a problem. Does not seem to be the trigger safety rubbing or binding. Could it just be the firing pin safety  being pulled back? May be completely normal. I need to find another P10C to compare it to.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
Just wondering if anyone experiences a slight "bump" just before the wall on their trigger? Easily felt when pulling trigger slowly when dry firing. More of an annoyance than a problem. Does not seem to be the trigger safety rubbing or binding. Could it just be the firing pin safety  being pulled back? May be completely normal. I need to find another P10C to compare it to.

The bump you're feeling is the striker safety block getting moved by the trigger bar.  I don't feel it on my black one but I do on my fde.  It depends on where the wall is on your particular gun.  We're noticing quite a bit of inconsistency regarding triggers among P10s.

Offline incogneato

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »

Yes, and  Earlan357's answer is spot-on. I just put a bit of grease on the points of contact, and work the trigger a lot. If that doesn't smooth it out, I may do some polishing.

Offline BobcatAZ

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »
By striker safety block do you mean the little spring loaded lever in the slide that interacts with the striker? I lubed that and noticed no difference. If anyone has anything specific to polish please let me know.

Offline BobcatAZ

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »
Stupid question! I just watched what to polish in the video. Maybe I will just put another couple hundred through it. I would hate to convert a perfectly ok gun into a paperweight. Is there a safe way to move the trigger to the forward position with the slide off? That would help to isolate the problem.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 09:51:35 AM »
Stupid question! I just watched what to polish in the video. Maybe I will just put another couple hundred through it. I would hate to convert a perfectly ok gun into a paperweight. Is there a safe way to move the trigger to the forward position with the slide off? That would help to isolate the problem.

You can just push the trigger forward.  The trigger safety will lock it in place.  You need to pull the trigger back to the rear before you replace the slide though.

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 10:18:09 PM »
earlan357, I saw your youtube video about the Glock 5lb striker spring replacement. Would you please give me the link with the normal speed? I have never done it before at all. Also, the suggestion for the tools needed. One last question, may I know why you like the 5lb one? Is the 4lb is the lowest possible for this gun? ( it is for range ONLY) Thank you in advance.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
earlan357, I saw your youtube video about the Glock 5lb striker spring replacement. Would you please give me the link with the normal speed? I have never done it before at all. Also, the suggestion for the tools needed. One last question, may I know why you like the 5lb one? Is the 4lb is the lowest possible for this gun? ( it is for range ONLY) Thank you in advance.

It's all in the polishing video:
Disassembly: 3:46
Re-assembly: 16:32

I like the 5# spring because it gave me a 5lb 3oz trigger pull.  As the trigger weight gets lighter, so does the reset.  For me, 5# gives a good balance.  I think Joe L has tried a 4.5# spring with no problems yet.  4# could result in light strikes but I haven't tried.

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:01:30 AM »
Thank you....

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 12:24:56 AM »

[/quote]

Has anybody have the same "issue" with that? I have it after I changed the striker spring to 4lb and smoothing the striker parts ala earlan357.

anything