Author Topic: The never-ending quest for good sights  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Val

Re: The never-ending quest for good sights
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »
I talked with Truglo -- very nice person named Todd. BTW, I only asked about the CZ 75 B and can't speak for different models. When I first had the TFX's put on, the point of impact was low and slightly to the left. The gunsmith tested it and decided to drift the sights a little right, which did help. The sight picture for TFO, TFX and TFX Pro is Combat Style (covers the target), 3 dots straight across (not by the tops of the sights). That sight picture is designed for center impact at 25 yards. I was probably shooting low from being closer to the target using that sight picture. Also, it can be drifted left to right, as previously stated, but if you don't want to nullify your warranty or have difficulties with a return, use a sight pusher.

As mentioned earlier, there is no difference between the TFO, TFX and TFX Pro regarding the above. The TFX Pro with its angle cut was designed by Truglo for one one-handed racking. Although I have the TFX, one-handed racking was not an issue for me, or at least I haven't noticed anything weird. The white ring or orange ring, u-notch or square notch, etc, is definitely personal preference. Anyway, these were the only questions that came to mind.
CZ 75 B
My CZ is smarter than your honor student.

Offline Val

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 04:35:14 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their input. There are some good sights out there for CZs -- from Mepros to TFX, Trijicon, Dawson or CGW's EZ-D, Trijicon Night Sights, and so on. And there are some we wish they would make for CZs, but that's another story. Thank you for all the photos, too. They were magnificent.

Pops1911 asked a good question early on about what I was using these sights for. The TFX was a good choice for me given use in different environments. It took me a long time to warm up to sights that allege to do it everything, but the truth is, the FO/Tritium design is highly visible in all types of lighting. Of course, I'll be looking for performance, too.  As for using Sharpies to dim the rear, I'm not quite there yet, even though I seriously looked at the CGW EZ-D's with that wider serrated black rear. Still, like Nick, I'd probably be painting a marker line on those rears until I understood how they worked.

There were nuances I missed initially with the TFX. I don't think the factory and TFX sights are the same regarding line of sight and impact point. It seems to take a greater distance with the TFXs for POA/POI. That's an entirely different topic: POA/POI, distance, ammo, etc. I even started a chart for myself so I can see what's going on.

For now: thanks to Pops, Matt, Superlow, CZ_Like_Sunday, Kissofdeath, JBLee, Joe, redbaron, brian, FLCZ, Continental Op, cranky, Jigo, zormpas, 1SOW, and Nick.
CZ 75 B
My CZ is smarter than your honor student.

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 09:34:50 PM »
You are certainly welcome Val.  I believe we all must come to terms with what our eyes and firearms need to shoot well.  With my MeproLight front night sight and the stock rear sights ... IT WORKS!!! Best wishes to all who quest for their perfect sights.   ;D
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!