Author Topic: 2017 Shadow, Pretty Awesome and a question for you all  (Read 1149 times)

Offline EDBfla

2017 Shadow, Pretty Awesome and a question for you all
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:58:36 PM »
Just picked up a 2017 dated Shadow which I ordered from the CZ Custom Shop. It is awesome and shots laser beams. I love It. Question though....Should I Loctite the trigger overtravel screw? I'm pretty sure it had backed it's way into the trigger after my first range trip. Any other advise or wisdom for my Shadow?  Thx guys.

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: 2017 Shadow, Pretty Awesome and a question for you all
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:00:02 PM »
Just picked up a 2017 dated Shadow which I ordered from the CZ Custom Shop. It is awesome and shots laser beams. I love It. Question though....Should I Loctite the trigger overtravel screw? I'm pretty sure it had backed it's way into the trigger after my first range trip. Any other advise or wisdom for my Shadow?  Thx guys.

I've been told you should, but I've never loctited mine and they don't back out.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »
Blue Loctite........never hurts, can only help  :)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 12:02:38 AM »
Mine has backed out.  Blue Loctite.  Some say red but likely would need heat to move it later on.
Our mentor here,  Angus Hobdell commented that he doesn't use the O.T. screw due to potential problems experienced at a major match.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:18:41 AM »
Blue loctite if screw is needed. Helps prevent the screw from screwing up a match.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline mctrigger

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 11:50:34 PM »
I had the set screw on the rear sight back out on mine. I heard of happening to others as well.  some blue loctight on that if you notice it trying escape.