Author Topic: Why are thin grips so popular?  (Read 583 times)

Offline Madger

Re: Why are thin grips so popular?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »
I agree with aguila9's comment. I have very large hands yet for some reason my 97B with the factory thin aluminum grips feels better than my 75B with the rubber palm swells (which still feel very good). I put the LOK palm swells on but just ordered a set of the new Cajun Gun Works thin aluminum grips to try out. I'm hoping they make the 75 feel just as good as my 97.
Craig
In dog beers I only had one.

Offline 808

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 08:29:30 PM »
I've been wanting to try some of the new thin aluminum grips on my 75B but have to admit that it has more to do with looks. I have medium girlie hands (kadet large golf glove) and the size of grips that I like on my guns varies. I like my Gen 3 Glock grip over my Gen 4 even with all the backstrap choices. Best feeling grip in hand ever for me was my Sig Mosquito. I love my Buckmark and shoot it much better but the Mosquito felt better in hand. I prefer my 75B stock grips over the SP-01T grip. The palm swell just feels so right in my hand. I'm in a love/hate relation with my Sig P226 grip.

It's personal

Offline dominic135

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »
I love the feel of the palm swells but I purchased faux Ivory grips with the Navy Seal just for kicks. At first trial the flat grips did feel less secure but I found my accuracy didn't change a bit. The smooth surface did not make a bit of difference either. I have big meaty hands with wide fingers. I think that gives me options most people don't have. It does rule out sub-compacts with any type of grip however! If you have small hands, you may find double stack grips a bit too much gun for your palm. In that case, switching to flat grips may be a big help.   

Offline eastman

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
I agree with aguila9's comment. I have very large hands yet for some reason my 97B with the factory thin aluminum grips feels better than my 75B with the rubber palm swells (which still feel very good). I put the LOK palm swells on but just ordered a set of the new Cajun Gun Works thin aluminum grips to try out. I'm hoping they make the 75 feel just as good as my 97.
Craig

I have medium hands, and I feel the opposite about the 97BD aluminum grips. I thought they were too flat and quickly bought a set of the CZ factory rubber grips to replace the originals.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »

I like the profile of these grips. At first they were uncomfortable, but now I am used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Madger

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Well the CGW new thin aluminum black grips arrived today. I put them on and am very happy with them. They are more comfortable than the CZUB cheeze grater grips on my 97, but provide plenty of grip. My support hand grip feels much better. These will definately be staying on my 75.
In dog beers I only had one.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 10:48:37 PM »
The pistol bore/recoil is best handled by "most" when it's aligned straight back along your strong hand arm bones.
From this position,  what is your trigger finger position on the trigger.  Grip shape and thickness can change how your finger contacts the trigger.  Some want just the pad of finger on the trigger,  some want closer to or at the first joint.
  Small hands/a short trigger finger is problematic with most CZ 75s.
Grips play a big roll in accuracy and fast follow-up shots.

Offline Blunk

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »
I have a CZ 75D PCR and I've tried the stock rubber grips and then bought some wood grips for it. The rubber grips are nice but when I switched to wooden grips, honestly for looks, my hands would get sweaty (I have small hands btw) and my grasp of the gun would get slightly slippery. I then bought some VZ grips which are pretty thin and when compared to the wood or rubber grips, I get a little 'bite' out of the grips as well as better handling on my pistol.

Offline CZ Aficionado

• CZ's...what every other gun wishes it could be
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 07:59:06 PM »

I like the profile of these grips. At first they were uncomfortable, but now I am used to it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some of these as well......they are pretty comfortable, didn't take much time to get used to.  The look is pretty cool, pics are good but they really make a statement in person  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:04:59 PM by CZ Aficionado »
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »
I'm still not. They pinch my pinky and ring finger like crazy. I just accept it as a side effect of using such aggressive grips during competition.

Offline Snakester

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 06:59:07 PM »
I swapped out the G10 Grips on my Rock Island 1911 TCM.22 single stack for a pair exactly the same only thinner. I have no issue with either but , my wife shoots it quite a bit and just couldn't get a comfortable grip on the pistol. She says the thin set makes a big difference so we will leave them on for now. The one thing I like with the new grips is it seems to be easier to holster and draw the pistol when holstered.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:20 PM »
The pistol bore/recoil is best handled by "most" when it's aligned straight back along your strong hand arm bones.
From this position,  what is your trigger finger position on the trigger.  Grip shape and thickness can change how your finger contacts the trigger.  Some want just the pad of finger on the trigger,  some want closer to or at the first joint.
  Small hands/a short trigger finger is problematic with most CZ 75s.
Grips play a big roll in accuracy and fast follow-up shots.

Well said.

anything