Author Topic: HANDGUNNER July/August and the modified CZ's  (Read 265 times)

Offline Philipe1

HANDGUNNER July/August and the modified CZ's
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »
Simple question:  I don't compete (yet).  I'm an old guy, almost 68 and see and read about these sexy "foldouts" of CZ's in the latest issue of Handgunner.  The difference in price between a $700 CZ and a $1500 CZ is custom "stuff". 

Some of us like to own, not to show off, (I have no one to show off to), but neither would it be a safe queen.  I'd shoot it at the paper.  (I don't have a safe).  I shoot, a lot, almost daily.

BIG QUESTION:  Are there any other of you CZ fans that buy for the sexiest of the pistol, KNOWING, we will never ever reach the competence of the firearm?  Isn't it just fun to know you own something you will strive too?

Cheers,  Philip

Offline Wedgie

Re: HANDGUNNER July/August and the modified CZ's
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:56:36 AM »
Philip,

Newbie here like yourself.

I have been shooting for near 45 years now. I have come to appreciate fine workmanship in the tools I buy. I enjoy owning things that will outlast me knowing that someone after me will enjoy and experience the same qualities I found when I made my purchase. I have only one safe queen and it was given to me by my father as a safe queen and it will stay that way. I have a duplicate shooter.

As far as your question, I have plenty of equipment that has capabilities far beyond my skill levels. As it should be. My first CZ's (just recently purchased) are a TS Orange and a Match II. Now I will see what I can do with them. They sure are nice paper punchers.  :)

Offline dominic135

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:57:59 AM »
I'm 65 and have been shooting the last 2 years. No I Didn't buy sexy and I know I will never be as good a shooter as my CZ75b deserves. However, I did personalize mine. Ivory grips with the Navy Seal, easier to see TFX sights and painted all engravings with white nail polish. The gun makes me look much better than my shaky hands and bifocals allow! I doubt I will ever compete with others, it's enough to compete with my self, bettering my abilities day after day.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:31:18 AM »
I know I will never reach out and touch something as well as my firearms are absolutely capable of, and that doesn't bother me one whit. I shoot for fun and defense, sport and leisure, so as long as I can hit minute of bad guy/minute of coyote with them, I'm good. :)

Offline dmossman

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »
I enjoyed that article!

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »
If I bought a gun that would perform to my level of shooting I would be on the Kel-Tec board right now. Or maybe bersatalk.com.
I like my CZ's a lot. I have put them in the hands of people who can make them do things at a pace I can never repeat or accomplish.
Still they are mine, I know what they are capable of and I am satisfied with my contribution to their proficiency.
I like my things to be built well and I like them to look awesome, if they are worn from use that is ok. If they are cheaply built and have flaws, not so much.
Nobody says "dude your looking good today" and I can't do much to change that, but a lot of folks say...nice gun! I like it that way!

RCG
........Its that you shoot!