Author Topic: P-10C with Wolff 4lb (for Glock) firing pin (striker) spring, live fire video  (Read 904 times)

Offline Joe L

UPDATE for Oct 12, 2017--I recommend waiting for a CZ or CGW spring that has the correct ID.  The Wolff Glock 4lb spring is just a little too large and my keepers came loose and prevented the gun from functioning.  (Note that the 4.5 and 5 lb Glock spring ID should be smaller and may function fine, long term.)  Not a CZ problem.  This is a gun hobbyist problem.  Took a bunch of rounds for the keepers to come loose, however. 

I borrowed a neighbor's Wolff spring from one of his Glocks last week and shot the P-10C with it and it ran perfectly and was of great help in reducing the trigger pull a pound or so, out of six.  He said he thinks it was a 4.5 but it wasn't marked or in a Wolff sack. 

Just to make sure of what I had done, I ordered two reduced power spring sets from Wolff.  Each set had 4, 4.5, and 5 lb striker springs with stern warnings that these weren't for duty use. 

I removed a 4 lb spring from the package and installed it in my P-10C.  No pencil test.  Just went to the range, loaded the pistol up with Atlanta Arms 115 JHP, and fired off 10 rounds at 25 yards, standing, single hand.  Trigger feel was excellent, just slighly lighter than with the neighbor's spring, so I think he as right about supplying me with a 4.5.  No misfires or light hits, gun ran perfectly once again.  (It is getting appropriately dirty, however.) 

Here is a short 2 minute video with the gun from two different angles.  (I was experimenting wth a new Sony RX-100v camera and didn't bring the usual target camera.)  The first 10 rounds were the best, quite good, actually.  I had some wobble problems after that, I am sure a result of thinking about the camera and audio more than just shooting the pistol. 

Video should be available a little before 6pm CDT.

Now if I can just get Springer Precision to make a dovetail red dot mount...

Bullseye match in 8 days.  I think I'll try the P-10C in the centerfire match.  I haven't taken the gun frame apart or polished anything yet, so it will only get better from now on.  Trigger is very good for me right now with just the spring swap and a couple of hundred rounds through it. 

Joe
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:16:11 PM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline ragingbulldaily

I'm curious to do the same, but this is my first CZ. Taking apart no problem.. Lol, it's the putting it back together part. As with the Glock 20 years ago I'll get up the courage at some point and go exploring. I myself was looking and wondering if the guide rod and spring can be swopped out for a Glock stainless steel.

Offline Joe L

I myself was looking and wondering if the guide rod and spring can be swopped out for a Glock stainless steel.

Ragingbulldaily--Not sure about the Glock stainless guide rod assembly.  I have one around here somewhere that I tried in the P-07 when I first got it.  I bet it is pretty close. 

I checked the trigger pull this evening after producing the video above, and it is 4.5 lbs now and consistent.  I like it.  The release is not crisp like a 75B or 97 with CGW parts--The factory P-10C has lots of engagement travel, it is a "feature" of a striker fired gun.  I actually kinda like it, now that it is smooth and not 6 lbs!

Joe   

Offline ragingbulldaily

Thanks for there information Joe. I'm new to CZ, just going to take a bit to get use to. Thanks again for your info. By chance can you tell me where I can buy CZ parts?

Offline earlan357

Nice.  After polishing I got my trigger down to about 5 lbs 8oz according to my scale but it's smooth as glass on the engagement portion now.  I too have a Glock striker kit on the way from Wolff.  I tried a factory 5.5# Glock striker spring and it gave me the same trigger pull readings as the CZ.  One thing I notice with the CZ spring, I can barely hear the coils dragging on the striker as I pull the trigger.  The Glock spring is shorter, doesn't kink as much on the CZ striker, and is nearly silent.

Offline Joe L

earlan357--polishing the parts is next for me...using your video!  I think all the pistol really needs is some rounds and/or some polishing and a lighter firing pin spring.  And some work on the trigger pecker (safety).  I trimmed mine some so that it would sit flush with the real trigger when pulled to the rear.  That helped the feel of the trigger some, I didn't feel like I was pulling on a butter knife blade.  The trigger pecker is polymer so it doesn't take much with a Dremel and a wheel.  I am also going to relieve the area where my trigger finger rubs the inside of the trigger guard on the left side.  After that, I think I'm done. 

I think it took me less than 200 rounds to get the pistol to where the P-07 was after maybe 1000.  I REALLY like the P-07 but the P-10C is growing on me.  I'm liking it just fine, so far. 

Joe

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Nice work, Joe! Great video report.  8)

Offline Joe L

Today, I added 0.010" shims to the sides of the front sight to make it wider and removed some material from the trigger guard where my trigger finger was rubbing.  Will shoot it on Sunday morning. 

Joe

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
When you get done with all of the modifications, I wonder if CZ will want to copy what you did...  8)

Offline earlan357

I went with a 5# Glock spring in mine.

Offline Coleman

Joe L just a thought on the red dot mount i bought a Burris fastfire mount for a glock and took a piece of flat stock SS 1/8" thick and filed the correct angles on it until it fit my sp01 dovetail then simply drilled the 2 holes to the right pattern and threaded it works perfect they run around $45-55 bucks for the Mount. Just an idea incase you want something a bit sooner. I should have my P10 today in FDE i believe ill try clipping a few coils off the striker spring first if I'm not satisfied with the trigger pull.

Offline dondavis3

• YourCorvette.com
Good post

Good information

Thank you
CZ 75 Compact Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI P  9mm
CZ 75 P-07 Duty
CZ 75 P-09 Duty
CZ P-10 C

Offline Joe L

Joe L just a thought on the red dot mount i bought a Burris fastfire mount for a glock and took a piece of flat stock SS 1/8" thick and filed the correct angles on it until it fit my sp01 dovetail then simply drilled the 2 holes to the right pattern and threaded it works perfect they run around $45-55 bucks for the Mount. Just an idea incase you want something a bit sooner.

Coleman, thanks.  I've contacted Springer Precision, they may take my slide and use it to make a mount cut for the taller P-10C dimension.  I also have a Slaughter mount that I could add a spacer to very easily I think.  Might just take some washers.  Might work for a trial run.  More later this weekend unless my 2 year old grandson wants to do something else. 

Joe

Offline milq

• Steel on target
Joe L, I made my trigger safety flush as well. Much more comfortable now.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline ragingbulldaily

Gen 3 stainless steel guide rod fits in the p10 like it belongs.

anything