Author Topic: P10c Magazines Will Not Drop  (Read 1017 times)

Offline rich63

P10c Magazines Will Not Drop
« on: May 20, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
The two magazines that came with the gun drop perfectly. I recently purchased three additional P10c 15 round magazines. Of the three, only one drops free. When you push in the mag release button the other two mags drop approx 1" and stop. if I hit the mag release button again they will drop. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a quick fix for this? I did call CZ-USA yesterday and warranty dept says they have seen this issue. They sent me a return shipping label to send the two magazines in for a swap. I will do that, but thought someone here experienced the same issue and had a quick fix. As always thanks in advance guys.

rich63

Offline ragingbulldaily

Re: P10c Magazines Will Not Drop
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:14:06 AM »
There's a video out there that shows how to fix the magazine problem rich. Basically taking it apart and doing some light sanding of the magazine release system. I'll try and locate. Just noticed that the custom shop will have my p10 for 4-6 weeks 😮..

Offline rich63

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »
Already took my magazine release button out and associated parts and did the polishing. I followed earlan357's P10c Heavy Mag Fix thread.

rich63

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:30:15 AM »
Yup, that was it. I'm sorry you're having issues already rich. What's your thoughts on gently taking a nail file and filing the magazine on contact points?

Offline rich63

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »
If I do that it's not a guarantee fix, and more important, doing something like that will void the warranty.

It's not a big deal if there is no quick fix. I'm going to be sending the magazines back to CZ-USA for a swap. Besides, I do have three that work perfect.

rich63

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
Very true Rich. This might sound stupid but stick a empty mag in the freezer for a few hours. The cold will condense the metal, then see if it drops free, if so it's not the mechanics it's friction.

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 11:48:40 AM »
Our set just the frame in the sun, might help problem solve.

Offline Gretsch9

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 08:41:23 AM »
I've had the same issue.I did some polishing as well and now 6 of my 7 mags drop as they should. I'm sure the last one will after more use. I've noticed that the bottom of the release lever rubs on my mags as it teeters forward during use. It's left a wear mark on my mags and they drop better as that spot wears. I also polished that side of the lever and it made a huge difference.
PCR,  97B, P07, P09,P10c

Offline rich63

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
I've had the same issue.I did some polishing as well and now 6 of my 7 mags drop as they should. I'm sure the last one will after more use. I've noticed that the bottom of the release lever rubs on my mags as it teeters forward during use. It's left a wear mark on my mags and they drop better as that spot wears. I also polished that side of the lever and it made a huge difference.

I appreciate what you're saying. I have polished all the parts to a mirror finish. When I push in the mag release button, it is very smooth. I feel no resistance or grit whatsoever. These two mags just do not drop free. I think I'll give them more time to wear in. CZ-USA is aware of the problem I'm having. I will send CZ-USA an email tomorrow telling them I've decided to keep the two mags for now and break them in a bit more.

rich63

Offline Mavrik

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »
I just got my p10c last week and have been a bit disappointed that the mag release button won't depress with an empty mag in the well.  Not something that should have left the factory as it is.  I'll call CZ and ask them to fix it but I shouldn't have to for something this basic.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »

I appreciate what you're saying. I have polished all the parts to a mirror finish. When I push in the mag release button, it is very smooth. I feel no resistance or grit whatsoever. These two mags just do not drop free. I think I'll give them more time to wear in. CZ-USA is aware of the problem I'm having. I will send CZ-USA an email tomorrow telling them I've decided to keep the two mags for now and break them in a bit more.

rich63

Rich63, have you seen this thread? It looks like the cause/solution to mags hanging up.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=91004.0

Offline Roblamont80

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
I just bought a p10c and my pistol will not drop a full mag unless I push it up first. Definitely feels like too much pressure on the mag release. I am thinking I will wait and see what 500-700rds down range does.

anything