Author Topic: P07 vs P07 Duty Size  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Codifier

P07 vs P07 Duty Size
« on: October 12, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
I think I already know the answer, but I want an affirmative if someone actually knows.  Will the P07 Duty and P07 (aka "Gen 2") share the same holsters?  AFAIK the only external difference that impacts holster fit would be the slide machining, but that shouldn't matter, right?  Want to know for sure before I pick up another one.
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chef Jeff

Re: P07 vs P07 Duty Size
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
As far as physical dimension, they are identical. The only difference on the slide is the added front cocking serrations on the gen 2. The other changes, trigger profile, hammer profile, sights, and interchangeable back straps,  should not affect holster fit. I personally have not seen holsters listed specifically for "Duty" vs. gen 2. But, I could be wrong.  ;D
CZ 1911A1, CZ75 P-07 Duty, CZ 75B, CZ 75 Compact, CZ 97BD

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
Does the holster you're considering have a mechanical lock that used the inside of the trigger guard to secure the pistol in the holster?  You know, one of those push the button to release the pistol holsters?

I bought a couple CZ kydex holsters from CZ a couple years ago.  These were discontinued holsters for the DUTY P07.  I have a DUTY P07 and my youngest son has a newer P07.  The holster would not work with his pistol.  Something about the trigger guard is a tad different.  He had to remove the "button" that sticks into the holster and shave a small amount of plastic off of it to allow it to move far enough inward to lock the pistol into the holster.

That holster also worked with my DUTY P07.  His newer P07 would not work in my holster either.

Just a small difference - in that particular holster.  Another brand of holster, even with a similar pistol securing system, may be fine with either model.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
Get the Alien Gear you won't go wrong.
For my PO 7 gen2 I wanted the pistol to sit a little higher so use the heat gun to soften the Kydex and bent the bottom under, the Kydex is very easy to work with. Just give them a call they will answer your questions. Good people to work with great product.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Codifier

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:24:21 PM »
I got a JM Custom AWIB which fits the DUTY just fine.  I am however picking up a non-duty version because the aggressive beavertail digs into my side and belly fat lol.  Plus I don't want to carry IWB with a lanyard loop.  I believe the JM will fit the Gen 2.
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

anything