Author Topic: To buy or not to buy...? The Shield Deal!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

To buy or not to buy...? The Shield Deal!
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:41:02 AM »
With this deal on the S&W Shield I could pick on up for $224 locally. It will need an Apex trigger, but in the mean time I can Polish that terrible trigger. I don't have any single stack pistols and for the price this seems like it may be worth trying out...

I'm sure there's a good deal of opinions, so please share and give your reasoning.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: To buy or not to buy...? The Shield Deal!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:53:32 AM »
Heard they  hold their value pretty well so you won't be out much if you don't like it! I'd buy one if I were in FL.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 02:30:32 AM »
It's a Smith....and that's almost cheaper than a Hi Point. Get it. :)

Offline aceman4

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 06:54:49 AM »
Get one...Even if you just use it for a trade in the future. I traded a Shield for a Minty CZ 75B.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:51:36 AM »
How can you go wrong at that price......
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »
I carry a Shield 45. At that price, it's a no brainer, a lot of gun for the money.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »
Well well well.... This was an easier crowd czourced decision than I thought it would be.
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline Droopy

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »
When it comes to anything Smith and Wesson all that comes into my mind is how the company continually bowed down to and kissed the  butt of the Clinton administration in the 1990's when he was going after our guns. It was so bad that I can even remember the NRA basically calling for a boycott on them. For that reason alone I still won't buy a Smith. In my mind they will sell out the individual gun owner to try and claim civilian or police contracts. Just saying it's my money and they will never get a dime of it.
CZ 75 COMPACT DUO-TONE
CZ 2075 RAMI
CZ P07

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
When it comes to anything Smith and Wesson all that comes into my mind is how the company continually bowed down to and kissed the  butt of the Clinton administration in the 1990's when he was going after our guns. It was so bad that I can even remember the NRA basically calling for a boycott on them. For that reason alone I still won't buy a Smith. In my mind they will sell out the individual gun owner to try and claim civilian or police contracts. Just saying it's my money and they will never get a dime of it.

I respect you on that. I've heard people say similar things about Ruger too.
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline eastman

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »

S&W was owned by a British company at the time, and they had absolutely no concern for the rights of Americans. The company lost so much value during that time that it was bought for a pittance by the Saf-T-Hammer Corporation (less than half of what the previous owner paid for S&W). New ownership and a new direction.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline 808

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »
I have no need for one as I don't, and really, chave no desire to carry. Now at that price I would put one in the safe for trade fodder in the future. Unfortunately even with the rebate I can't get that price here in CA. Also the CA models require the LCI and safeties that make it a little less desirable on the open market.
In your case I say go for it!

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
Buy a shield for a dedicated CCW. They are great for that role.

At that price I would buy one for sure. I carry mine daily and it was a lot more then that when I bought mine.

I'm sure they are about to drop a shield 2.0 but really I don't see what they will improve that will be necessary.

The trigger would need help if it was a range gun but seriously it's a point and shoot gun so the trigger doesn't need messed with.

Leave your trigger needs to your nicer hand guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Diamondbackmike2004

• Shooters assume the firing position
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 04:50:46 PM »
buy it, you wont be disappointed. I carry a M&P9c and my wife carry's a M&P9 Shield
I might know what im talking about....but today, I don't.....

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 07:29:31 PM »
I had every intention of smoothing the trigger in mine, but found it wasn't necessary. I'm not saying the trigger is wonderful, but it's more than adequate. It has been said though, that the 45(what I have) trigger is better than the 9/40 but not as good as the Performance Center 9/40. The only upgrade I'll do is a set of Trij HD's or Ameriglo Hackathorns. Other than that, I like the idea of having little invested in a gun that carries so well yet is big enough to hold onto.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:48 AM »
    Brought up the deal to my wife. She gave push back last night. Then today as we drove to dinner with family I told her I would sell some unused stuff of mine to fund this little pistol. She smiled and said I didn't need to, happy father's day. She would of got it for me as a surprise, but didn't know where to go to find the best deal. She then thanked me again for the new Dyson vacuum she asked for and got on Mother's say and the renovations we are wrapping up to our town home we just moved back into.    ;D 
    Yeah, it's a cheap Shield, nothing like our beloved, better, more accurate, more awesome, and more expensive CZ's... But after being married 9 years this is probably the most expensive gift she's gotten me and the first gun related gift!  ;D  This is a good ending. Thanks Ya'll for the input!
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm