CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ82 & CZ83 CLUB

CZ-82 feed problem

(1/1)

madtad1:
I've had a problem with my CZ-82 feeding correctly. I'm not getting stove pipes, but I am getting the next round tipping up rather than feeding straight into the barrel. In other words: the pistol fires normally; the expended shell ejects normally; but the next round, rather than smoothly sliding into the barrel and allowing the slide to go into battery, tips up so that it is between an 80 to 90 degree with regards to the entrance to the barrel.

I tried replacing the original recoil spring with a new Wolff spring, no change. I then used an extra power Wolff spring, no change. I have two magazines that work flawlessly, but three that have intermittent failures, despite cleaning, lubing, etc.

My next guess is replace the magazine springs? Any other opinions?

steppingcrane:
Compare the feed lips to see if they are bent, most likely towards the front they could be bent outwards some allowing the front of the bullet to angle up sharply before trying to chamber. 

Also could be the height of the top front of the mag making the bullet hit and angle up like that.  I've seen some of these mags have a higher portion or notch that sticks up some that could be redirecting the bullet upwards. 

Lastly compare the followers or change them out with the good working mags to see if it makes a difference.

dlk:
I had the same problem. Elsewhere on this site I found a conversation where someone wrote that they were told by CZ that the feed lips should be between 8 and 9 mm apart. Also, the top round in the magazine should be parallel to the surface the magazine is standing on. I checked it out and had an 11mm gap. I carefully narrowed it and now my pistol shoots fine.

JoeHall:
Your problem sounds familiar, and is most likely due to counterfeit mags. There are a plethora of them out there, at $20-$40 each, that are not worth 10 cents. They are made to look like original CZ, and many of them have markings to fool us, i.e. 'MFG CZ'.

The real CZ surplus mags have the stamped bayonets along the bottom, but many of them are half worn out nowadays. Brand new, real CZ mags are available through CZ-USA, and are same as the milsurps, but without the bayonet stamp. They are available at CZ-USA and Greg Cote LLC. Anything else is junk.

The counterfeits tend to work OK for a few mag loads, then start to bend and distort, which is where the problems begin. There is a 99 percent chance real CZ mags will take care of the OP's feeding problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version