Author Topic: Caesar Guerini Shotgun  (Read 1837 times)

Offline indenial

Caesar Guerini Shotgun
« on: May 24, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »
Knowing this is not about CZ guns, the moderator may delete it, if need be. That's OK.

Does anyone have any knowledge of Caesar Guerini brand of  o/u shotguns?  Wondering if any of you shoot them?

Offline Heisenberg

Re: Caesar Guerini Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:57:10 AM »
I've got about 20K rounds through mine, what would you like to know? It's probably one of the best shotguns available for the money.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »
This is the section for non CZ firearms, so post away - we aren't exclusive like some places. ;)
I have never heard of those shotguns, but I am no shotgunner, that is for certain.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:21:27 AM »
A friend of mine bought one about 10 years ago from Bass Pro Shops. He had been invited by clients to shoot Sporting Clays several times and he needed a shotgun.

Somehow they had it way under priced and he bought it. We used to shoot a monthly SC match every month and it was a beautiful gun, his had the deluxe stock, and it was reliable shooter.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
I have a Caesar Guerini - Maxum I shoot weekly with friends at a local sporting club range. Great gun, the importer is about an hour south of me. They have (or had) a free yearly inspection and cleaning. I have shot a lot of o/u and I really like this one. My friends call me the King of Spaghetti guns.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:08 PM »
So you should clean it while watching a Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western? :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:09 PM »
 : 8) Your so right, Good idea, I miss those old movies.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Ron M.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 10:22:08 PM »
I have a Tempio Light 28ga that is my primary quail and dove gun. Probably have close to 3000 rounds through it and never a problem.

Offline indenial

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 08:42:34 PM »
Thanks guys. I don't know anything about O/U shotguns.  All mine are semi-autos for duck hunting.  Started shooting skeet and would like to get one.  Several members have the Caesar Guerini's and love them.  Dependable and fine quality.  Fairly new to the US market, I guess.  Wondering if they are worth the extra cost from say a Browning Cynergy.  I shot one of those tonight and hit well with it.

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 11:17:35 PM »
Not sure which model CG you're looking at, but there can be a pretty good price difference between the Cynergy and some of the CGs.  I believe the new Cynergy is a mechanical trigger and it seemed to have mixed reviews when it came out (repair issues IIRC).  And Browning's service isn't known to be the best or fast if you need repairs.  I wouldn't rule out a Browning, but it's not a CG.    I'd recommend shouldering and shooting a lot of different guns before investing 2 to $10K on anything.  A shotgun must fit you correctly in order for you to shoot it well - length of pull, pitch, cast, drop, etc., some of which may be adjustable on some guns.  It's worth getting fitted by a gun fitter if you're going to invest in something on the more expensive side, or at least talk with some shooters knowledgeable in proper gun fit.

Offline indenial

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 09:33:31 PM »
I agree with the fit.  I just don't know where to go here in MN to get it done.  My friend has a 12 ga/28"  CG and will let me shoot it at our next session.  He may also sell it to me, if I want to buy it. (He also said, but not for the price of a Cynergy).   As he is shooting mainly 20/28 gauge.  So I'll know more next week.   I agree with the Browning service problems. I've heard of people waiting 6 mo or more to get a gun back-----an then have to pay for the service that should be covered..  I also hear CG is excellent in service/repair, quick and usually include minor repairs at no charge.

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 11:38:40 PM »
Do a search for gun fitters in MN, you should come across a couple recommendations on some other forums.  It's worth a couple hundred if you can find a gun fitter who will fit you with a "try stock" that you can shoot and get measurements from.   If you Google "Rollin Oswald", you'll come across a lot of his posts helping people with gun fit, so you'll know what to look for.  Yes, CG is well know for their service and they even offer 3 free tune ups where you can send the gun in and they'll go right through it - at no charge.  I shoot 10-15K rounds a year and haven't had a single issue.  I'm very happy with mine, good luck.

Offline indenial

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »
Well, the search is over.  Ended up getting a Summit Sporting 12 ga,  32" barrel.  Shoots like a dream.  Now the problem is all me, not the gun.  I need a lot more practice.  May have to get my MEC off the shelf in the garage.  Can't wait.

Offline painter

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »
Not much economy in loading 12ga target loads. Buckshot, specific hunting loads, or spreaders loaded at home, will save money.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »
indenial, I have never fired a GC Summit Sporting.  Does that "sporter" have an adjustable comb and maybe the STS system regarding balance?  Regarding posts from others, I remember the name "Rollin Oswald" (as written) W/O having to do Internet search.   I laughed at a post from amoredman "... Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western".  My old Italian BB shooter has treated me well in breaking registered trap targets.