Author Topic: P10 C Failure to extract (not my video)  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Cyanide

P10 C Failure to extract (not my video)
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:41:28 AM »
Friend of mine just sent this to me a little while ago and wondering if anybody else has seen it or, has heard of any similar issues? The only complaint I have seen out of anyone so far has been the roughness of the grip texture, and how stiff the magazine release is. Hopefully the link will work properly?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUfDVNIDKB9/

Offline Joe L

Re: P10 C Failure to extract (not my video)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:03:42 AM »
My bet would be weak ammo and a tight gun.  The casing is not hitting the ejector hard enough to pop it out, so it stays in position against the breech face, preventing the next round from coming up and even stovepiping.  The slide isn't going back very far in recoil, in my opinion.  If it went all the way back, he would get a stovepipe, not just put the casing back in the chamber.   

The fellow didn't indicate what ammo he is using.  I've had no problems with a 130 pf Atlanta Arms ammo or with Rem UMC.  I mean zero, no failures in 500 rounds.  This instance is unique to his pistol or to his ammo, I am pretty sure.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 10:00:43 AM »
Joe, I think in the comments the ammo is brought up several times and he is using some good stuff. I think it is just a oddball that it is very tight as well. Several people have already told him to contact customer service to get it fixed and that CZ will make it right for him.

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »
I agree with Joe in every aspect. Every firearm is going to have their issues especially being brand new and new design to CZ. That's why I wanted everyone to calm their expectations about the P-10 going to be perfect.
CZ will make it right but going back into full battery with an empty caseing is pretty weird especially after fully cycling.

If he is using good ammo then it just about has to be some issue with the firearm since he said that was the fourth time it happen. This is my reasons to wait on the P-10. If it turns out to be a defect in the extractor if others start to do the same then I didn't want to have to return it after the first month. Time will tell; hopefully he posts an update after speaking to CZ.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:27:12 AM by whrussell21 »

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 11:24:11 AM »
Yep, I agree completely.

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
Yep, I agree completely.

You would think it would stove pipe the second round behind the empty casing. It's weird it returns to full battery with the spent casing in the chamber. It even resets the striker and trigger as if it's ready to rock.

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »
Let's not forget that Glock has been top dog for roughly 23.5555555 years and their latest run for perfection lobs brass like grenades to the face. No gun is perfect, every gun is unique. If it is a problem, the question is how well and how fast will CZ correct. There is no perfect gun, rifle, shotgun,.....:Gasp..... Customer service is King. Having a issue is not always a bad thing. It allows the customer to see how well the manufacturer takes care of the problem. Just my 2 cents.... Ok boys letter rip... Lol.... One question not asked was did the ammo pass the plunk..... Was it 115,124,135,147??.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 12:50:30 PM »
It appears that the slide may only be going back far enough to reset the trigger but not far enough to eject spent casing from chamber thus closing with empty case. Most strikers only need about 1/4-1/2" slide movement to reset trigger.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:54:51 PM by deadduck357 »

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
Yep, I agree completely.

You would think it would stove pipe the second round behind the empty casing. It's weird it returns to full battery with the spent casing in the chamber. It even resets the striker and trigger as if it's ready to rock.

Not if slide isn't going far enough back to pick up next round.

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »
Yep, I agree completely.

Not if slide isn't going far enough back to pick up next round.

147 stand 1 armory, 147 Lawman, 115 Lawman, 124 Freedom Munition. Thats the ammo he said he used and it did it with all of them. He also said it fully cycled back as well. Speer Lawman and Freedom are solid ammos. It has to be the P-10.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:57:20 PM by whrussell21 »

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »
He also said the empty cashing had deep markings on it like the extractor tried to grab the round but never ejected it. Sounds like more of an extractor defect to me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:25:45 PM by whrussell21 »

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »
I know how much it sucks to have problems with a new gun Cyanide, so don't take what I said wrong, I'm truly sorry he's having problems with good new gun. I know zero about how CZ function as I have not shot mine or broke it down to more than a field strip. I can tell you this though. Some of these guys and gals on here are good people and very knowledgeable about these guns. If anyone can help it's these guys. No, I'm not Browning my nose, just giving credit.

Offline whrussell21

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »
After further reading he stated it has happen 8 times in 24 hours. Lemons in every batch but hopefully this doesn't turn into a wide spread extractor issue.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 03:18:14 PM »
Call CZ and let them deal with it, sounds to me like either a bad extractor or a rough  or out of spec chamber..

Offline ragingbulldaily

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »
The picture is clear below, so I don't think it's the picture. Sure does seem like he would have noticed that though.