Author Topic: CZ 75 BD COMPACT BUILD  (Read 26752 times)

SPO1SHADOW

CZ 75 BD COMPACT BUILD
« on: May 27, 2017, 07:53:50 AM »
I just received an Israeli turn-in 75 Compact decocker in and plan on doing the full rebuild on it including a refinish during the next several weeks. I was just curious if anyone cared to follow along.

Offline Luvdog

Re: CZ 75 BD COMPACT BUILD
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
I wanted to do the same but missed out on the supply.  Post up pics.

I had actually just planned to get all the Cajun goodness inside, but leave the finish worn.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 10:45:20 AM »
I just received an Israeli turn-in 75 Compact decocker in and plan on doing the full rebuild on it including a refinish during the next several weeks. I was just curious if anyone cared to follow along.
Yes sir, pretty please!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 10:56:44 AM »
Tagged
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 11:22:30 AM »
I'm ALL in. LOL

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »
For sure.  8)
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
I think a new SP01SHADOW restoration thread would be a welcome respite from all of the P-10C discussion. I was beginning to think you'd crossed over to the polymer side. 😀

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 01:44:22 PM »
Been working some 70 hour weeks for the past 2 months and doing a lot of driving. I was beginning to think home was just a vacation spot. Thank goodness for a long weekend!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:06:01 AM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline rich63

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 01:46:07 PM »

You do awesome restorations. Really looking forward to you making your magic happen again.

rich63

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
I did the regular inspection before tearing it down to find out if there were any issues. First thing I noticed was when retracting the slide to load the first round the slide stuck in the rear. This was due to a completely worn out recoil spring. Next I noticed that someone had shortened up the tip of the trigger and left a very sharp edge. I have had a few guns come in with this done to the trigger but why they would leave a razor sharp edge on the tip of the trigger is beyond me. This gun has some rounds through it. Unlike a lot of them I see the outside of the pistol looks pretty good but on the inside it was dirty and showing some wear. There was one more issue that got my attention, I noticed it had what seemed like a very good single action trigger, the hammer hardly cammed back at all before the release. I pushed fairly hard on the hammer after cocking it and sure enough I could push it off the sear. Once you see the pictures it will become clear why.

Here is a shot of the sear, notice the sharp edge that contacts the hammer hook is completely gone. There was a good bit wear on the sear and the hammer hook. The hammer hook looks like someone had tried to re-cut it as he hook was sharp there was just not much left of it.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:48:44 PM by SPO1SHADOW »

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »
Here is a few shots of the abbreviated trigger.

A closer inspection of the barrel revealed a whoopsie. As usual someone dropped it on its crown.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »
Disassembled and ready for a soak in some Acetone to get rid of the grease and crud in preparation for the epoxy stripper.

Notice the rust coming up around the edges of the grip frame and slide. An Acetone bath dislodges the loose Polycoat and lets you see any rust almost immediately.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »
A few more minutes in the epoxy stripper and it will be clean then a bath in Evapo-Rust to get rid of any rust and the phosphate treatment on the underlying metal. I will be doing the beavertail mod as soon as it's out.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:30:22 PM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
You always do some good looking work on pistols that surely need it.

Maybe, this time, you got a pistol formerly used by someone who shot it a lot, but took good care of it.

Mine (Pre B CZ85) showed up with desert dust under the grips, mixed in with the grease like some kind of lapping compound and the barrel/chamber badly pitted, as well as some surface rust in easy to reach spots on the frame and slide.

Some people don't really view a good gun as a tool you need to take care of and be familiar with, it's just something heavy they are required to carry around with them.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 06:12:21 PM »
As always I appreciate the kind words. Well, the build just got a lot longer. There are some rust issues at the front of the slide and some on the frame. This picture is before the Evapo-Rust bath that will not only strip off the phosphate but will leave a bunch of pits where you see the dark spots. Oh well, it's only elbow grease. On a side note a drop of the stripper fell down in the top of my shoe. James Brown would have been proud.