Author Topic: Firefly or PO7 Kadet Kit?  (Read 5175 times)

Offline GRU7_Mike

Firefly or PO7 Kadet Kit?
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:27 PM »
Been looking into buying a .22 for plinking at the range.  Was talking myself into buying the GSG Firefly (Sig Misquito clone) when my better sense slapped me upside my head and said...Hey!!!...You just bought a PO7..get the Kadet Kit for it!!!!  Buds matched the price at $212.49.  See...talking to your self is not all bad when you listen to the smart things you say back!!! 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline GreggW

Re: Firefly or PO7 Kadet Kit?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:51:43 AM »
Please post a follow up on what you think of the kit.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »
Please post a follow up on what you think of the kit.

Finally it will be here tomorrow.  I will post the results by tomorrow evening.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:23 PM »
Finally received my P07 Kadet Kit.  Have to admit I was ....umm, surprised with the quality of the kit.  To me it ranks between my CPX2  gen 1 SCCY pistol and a gun set I got at a Christmas when I was young....made by Mattel toy company.  Finish C ___barrel very pitted looking..(did polish out fairly well with Mothers mag polish).....Feed ramp-__not polished, very machine marked. Came out very smooth after polishing as well. Mags D+____plastic mags with some kind of plastic "thing" that is some kind of follower......The over all fit.....B. Actually is a good tight fit. 

The test fire sheet was less than impressive as well.  Only 10m and was about a 5" group of 5 shots.   Will see how it performs tomorrow ....that is really all that matters.
William Pitt

Offline RandyMan

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
I have both the Firefly and Kadet for my P07. To me no comparison. The Kadet is a much better option, less failures, much better trigger on the P07 and by far more accurate.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:33:21 AM »
Looks grim for testing the Kadet today.........monsoon  season today and probably the rest of the week here.  >:(
William Pitt

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 05:27:57 PM »
Got to shoot the P07 with the Kadet Kit on it yesterday.  I will tell you this...it performs perfectly! No failures with 3 types of .22 ammo, very accurate (still would like a better sight system on it) very smooth and easy mag loading.  Highly recommend one of these to anyone owning a P07/9 pistol!!!
William Pitt

Offline Hairlesswookiee

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
Buds matched the price at $212.49.  See...talking to your self is not all bad when you listen to the smart things you say back!!!

Can you share some information on where you had them price match it? I would prefer to do business with Buds, but I want to know how I can get them to use the $212 price.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
Best I can find right now is this....     https://www.saddlerockarmory.com/product/cz-p-07-kadet-22lr-conversion-kit  $199.00   Just click on price match and give the website as shown here with the price.  They reply yes or list  as low as they go.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:22:29 PM by GRU7_Mike »
William Pitt

Offline Hairlesswookiee

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
Best I can find right now is this....     https://www.saddlerockarmory.com/product/cz-p-07-kadet-22lr-conversion-kit  $199.00   Just click on price match and give the website as shown here with the price.  They reply yes or list  as low as they go.

^^Thanks man. I went ahead and ordered straight from them. They had $9 shipping so that is a good enough deal for me.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
Just some info....my experience, not speaking for anyone else, but my Kadet works best with CCI Mini Mags and Aguila Super Extra  HIGH VELOCITY COPPER-PLATED SOLID POINT.  Dont know where you get your ammo, but I use AmmoSeek online to find best prices.  Watchout for the shipping on some of the "good deals" though,
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:24:41 AM by GRU7_Mike »
William Pitt

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »
Ammo preferences are not just with .22's.  Other guns can be the same way.

I have a couple .22's that love Remington Thunderbolts.  Another couple that do better with Remington Golden Bullets vs. the Thunderbolts.  I banned Winchester .22 ammo (Wildcats anyway) from my house a long time ago.  My youngest son really likes the Federal plated .22 ammo.

Buy different brands/bullets types and go to the range to see what does best in yours.

Sometimes you get a good one that shoots nice group with more than one brand of ammo.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Saltydecimator

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:15 PM »
the p07 22 conversion is an aluminum setup, kinda surprised they did this.... while i wanted a p07 22lr, i didnt want one made out of aluminum, or at least not like this.... been down the lighter than steel road with a walther p22, and a sig mosquito before, its just gross, dont do it

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »
I went with the Kadet kit from Buds also. Like the kit, runs very well. Only problem is slide does not lock back after the last round every time.
"1776" - Part II

anything