Author Topic: P10C issues  (Read 14870 times)

Offline eastman

Re: P10C issues
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 08:31:15 PM »
I never, ever bet on a sidearm going automatically into battery with a full magazine inserted unless the firearm was designed to do so. I really don't know of one actually designed from the ground up to do that, but there might be one. I also have for some years about going "over the top" to release the slide, so that's no big deal for me either.
Joe Willy, have you fired a P-10C? I agree - the P-09 and P-07 are incredible pistols. My P-09 rides with me often. :)

The Mauser HSc releases the slide by inserting a magazine (loaded or empty, doesn't matter).

Trying a loaded magazine in my production P-10c, I could only get it to "autoforward" maybe once for every 10 tries.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline nevada

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 05:32:39 AM »
If any of my guns started doing auto  forwards, I would consider the gun broken and in need of fixing. That would include the P-07. None do, so I'm a happy camper. Not raining on anyone else's parade. It's just the way I like it.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2017, 05:45:53 AM »
The Mauser HSc releases the slide by inserting a magazine (loaded or empty, doesn't matter).

Learn something new every day.  8)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
I think you can make most semi-autos auto forward simply be increasing the slide release spring tension and maybe polishing the notch.  It's the combination of spring tension and friction in the slide lock position that determines how much of a jolt it takes to release it.  At least that is my understanding.  Not much auto forward needed at a bullseye match, so none of mine do it.  I would probably adjust mine to eliminate auto forward  if it did just to be consistent with the other pistols and not surprise me ...  or an intern/trainee. 

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 02:01:09 PM »
If any of my guns started doing auto  forwards, I would consider the gun broken and in need of fixing. That would include the P-07. None do, so I'm a happy camper. Not raining on anyone else's parade. It's just the way I like it.

Slam them in hard and they all will especially if when you force the mag in there is a component of the force that is directed rearward.

It ain't "broken" of it does this. It's called Physics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 02:06:57 PM »
Like others, when slamming a mag home, the auto-slide incident doesn't bother me that much.  However, I shot a few mags through my new P10c yesterday, and the slide didn't lock back 2 out of the 3 mags I shot. That does bother me. Anyone else having this happen?
Pretty much a CZ fanboy.

Offline Mavrik

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 09:51:34 AM »
Like others, when slamming a mag home, the auto-slide incident doesn't bother me that much.  However, I shot a few mags through my new P10c yesterday, and the slide didn't lock back 2 out of the 3 mags I shot. That does bother me. Anyone else having this happen?

Yes but only with the custom loads I've made up for use with a suppressor (124 and 147 gr).  My glocks (17,17, 43) all run the rounds fine and so does my CZ Scorpion but the P10C won't always eject the spent shell or lock back after the mag is emptied.  It ejects and locks back fine with all of the factory 115 gr I've shot through it.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »

No, but yes it would bother me. Check that there's no debris obstructing the upward movement of the slide stop. How many rounds have you put through it, roughly?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 11:36:05 PM »
I think you can make most semi-autos auto forward simply be increasing the slide release spring tension and maybe polishing the notch.  It's the combination of spring tension and friction in the slide lock position that determines how much of a jolt it takes to release it.  At least that is my understanding.  Not much auto forward needed at a bullseye match, so none of mine do it.  I would probably adjust mine to eliminate auto forward  if it did just to be consistent with the other pistols and not surprise me ...  or an intern/trainee. 

Joe

Exactly.
The pistol is not broken or malfunctioning if a tactical (very fast positive) insert releases the slide.  Well broken in, lubed CZ  75s will do this.  My Sig will also release on some inserts. My H.S. 22 rimfire will release.
None of these will release on a standard no hurry insert.
My two CZ 75s will release with no mag at all if you hold the pistols firmly with your strong hand and hit the base of the mag well with the heel of your insert/weak hand smartly. 

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 05:46:02 AM »
I think you can make most semi-autos auto forward simply be increasing the slide release spring tension and maybe polishing the notch.  It's the combination of spring tension and friction in the slide lock position that determines how much of a jolt it takes to release it.

Frame flex with polymer framed guns also contributes...
"A man's character is his fate."

anything