Author Topic: Long term into on Redhead target? new to trap and looking for first shotgun  (Read 414 times)

Offline bozack

Hello All,

So I am looking at getting a shotgun for trap and am wondering if there are folks here who have used the Redhead target model for a while and what their thoughts were?

Whenever I go to the trap sites I am basically told B gun or bust, if it isn't a Browning, Beretta, or something that is seemingly 10K+ then it is junk.

But from what I have read about CZ it seems that they are doing pretty good with service and their overall quality appears to be good

I am down to either compromise to get a Browning pump or single shot (BPS or Bt99) or go with the Red head target, if I had to I could spend more but I really don't want to spend more than a grand on a new gun if I can.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Dodge807

well I have been using my Redhead Target now for about 3 yrs, I have between 2500 and 3000 rounds thru it. still feels tight with a smooth action. as I get more rounds thru it I am keeping a close eye on all aspects of the gun, vented rib, barrels and receiver. I can't tell you how will be after 10000 rounds, only that it is super sweet right now. Best $939.00 I ever spent on an over/under

Offline ss

I find myself in a somewhat similar debate. I am reading all the same stuff so its a real hard decision. Beretta a400 multitarget or cz all American combo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline bozack

I find myself in a somewhat similar debate. I am reading all the same stuff so its a real hard decision. Beretta a400 multitarget or cz all American combo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That's a totally different price point though, if I were looking to spend 2K+ I'd prob spend on the beretta or the browning, I am trying to keep it around a grand max which there aren't many options for decent OUs it seems, I am now pretty firm on either just a redhead teal/deluxe or the target as I don't want to go much over a grand.

Offline tattooo

Target model will run you around $1200 

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Offline tattooo

Hello All,

So I am looking at getting a shotgun for trap and am wondering if there are folks here who have used the Redhead target model for a while and what their thoughts were?

Whenever I go to the trap sites I am basically told B gun or bust, if it isn't a Browning, Beretta, or something that is seemingly 10K+ then it is junk.

But from what I have read about CZ it seems that they are doing pretty good with service and their overall quality appears to be good

I am down to either compromise to get a Browning pump or single shot (BPS or Bt99) or go with the Red head target, if I had to I could spend more but I really don't want to spend more than a grand on a new gun if I can.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
Did you pick a OU yet ?

anything