Author Topic: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range  (Read 8854 times)

Offline dave19113

Re: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2018, 09:23:51 PM »
Was shooting at the indoor range that I shoot at and was in the middle of changing targets, when the shooter next to me ask me what I was shooting. A 1911 in .45, oh he said and looked at the pistol I was getting out of my range bag and asked what that was, a CZ SP-01 Shadow Target in 9mm. He went on to tell me "you know you will never shoot consistently shooting different guns, you should just focus on one." I thanked him and said I enjoy shooting different pistols, I said after this I will shoot a .22. He shook his head and walked away back to his lane.
Thought about it for a while......so what do you guys do???? Shoot more than one, or just focus on a single pistol. When I switch guns, it may take me a couple of shots to get used to the different grip, trigger and sights, but I don't think I really prevents me from shoot them all well.

Thats why we live in the good 'ol USA; do what makes you happy.

For myself, I normally bring a few different guns because I am constantly testing load data.

I will always bring a 22 rifle to shoot while I let a barrel cool; mostly my CZ 455 trainer.

Does that mean I cant shoot any guns well? Im sure if he was willing to put his money where is mouth is he would be a few dollars lighter.

Offline regular_guy

« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
I've noticed a lot of "gun people" feel the need to tell others how they should do things (usually because they just read it on a forum).

In general, if I'm working on building technical skill or heavy into competition season, I take only gun, or one type of gun.

If I want to have a "fun" range day with no specific training goal in mind, I take a lot of guns! It all depends on what you want to get out of shooting!

Funny, last time I shot with Rob Leatham, he had about 5 different guns...guess he's doing it wrong :D

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
I enjoyed having the same conversation with a guy at the range yesterday.  I kept switching guns, while continuing to make an impressively small group (for me anyway) in the same target.  He just shook his head.  I think the reason some people feel this way is they only go to the range every once in a while, and when they do, they are so rusty they are barely proficient with a single gun. The guy asked me what I "did" to the guns to make them so accurate?  My response was that putting 40 or 50k rounds through each one is required to train them where the target was. LOL

More head shaking. Hahaha.

Offline Criz

« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2018, 08:55:28 PM »
I have heard of this 1 gun thing.  From now on we shall call it "missionary" and it was done!
She was as shallow as a shot glass yet less intoxicating
Army - 67N Crewchief. 
Born a Righty but I switched at birth just to make life more interesting.

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
Why only bring one what s the fun in that.

anything