Author Topic: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range  (Read 4316 times)

Offline gnumadic

Re: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
I took 5.5 today. The half counts for the P-09 but I only shot the Kadet kit. I also put some rounds through my SP-01 compact, a new Ruger LCP II, an old Spanish .32 auto, and a Taurus 24/7 G2 that I had just gotten back from warranty service. I was just test firing the G2 with the intent to sell it. However, unlike my first couple trips to the range it performed flawlessly. My 15 y/o wants me to keep it for him and I kind of like shooting it more than I thought I would. It also made for a good field stripping/cleaning tutorial for my son afterwards.
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready | CZ P-09 Kadet Kit | CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01)
--
“Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.” - Ron Paul

Online zormpas

• Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    • Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2017, 01:46:49 AM »
The real question is: "How many of you take only one gun to the range?  8)

Offline butodw

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »
I take my CZ P-01 and my Glock 19 and 26, but try to  rotate firing only one per range visit so I can run thru drills and work on consistency.  Occasionally I succumb to temptation and shoot more than one.  Regardless, I actually enjoy cleaning after every range visit - therapeutic for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Evolve13

• Para Bellum, then be good at 1000 yards.
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
I've never taken less then 3 pistols and if shooting rifles, never less then 2.   At the end of every session I take out my EDC and empty the mag in the gun and the two others I carry in my bag. 
The above goes for all of the brothers I shoot with. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men, are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
I had to chime in because I feel good when people ask me if I brought my "A" gun or brought "a gun". For pistols I might tell people that I brought only three bags.  For shotgun practice or a related range visit, I might tell the requester that I brought my "C" shotgun but I brought one or two others with me but left some others at home with other letters not referenced by brand or action in this post. 

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
Since I have not yet found the perfect gun, and also because I own guns (plural) for enjoyment more than shooting skill, I always bring 2 or 3 so I can compare them.  Sometimes different guns in same caliber; sometimes similar guns in different calibers; or occasionally just an eclectic mixture that suits me at the moment.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »
Okay Quercusmax.  Not every trigger I run with revolvers or semi feels the same at range time as long as the pull is not like a mechanical safety is on. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2017, 06:21:01 AM »
I even take more than one gun on road trips.

Went home Sunday for a death in the family.  We carried our CZ 75 Compacts (wife and I) and I packed another CZ 75 Compact (that SP01 Compact) in the trunk as a back up in case we had issues with the primary gun.

Didn't think about it not fitting my holster till I was on the road.  Oh well.  Didn't "need" it anyway.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »
I usually take 4 or 5 different handguns to the range with me if it's indoors.
I don't ALWAYS shoot all of them, I'm just prepared to shoot whatever I felt like carrying in there that day.
Sometimes I focus on just my concealed carry weapons, or just the revolvers, or just the steel frame semis , or just the striker fire.  Or sometimes I'll shoot one of each - just because it felt good.

Going to our outdoor desert range usually means I don't have to carry anything anywhere and can leave it all in the truck and just put on the table what I'm shooting at that moment.  That generally means a number of rifles in the mix.  It's MY DAY.  I'm not worried about "getting good" with any single one of them.  I want to be GREAT with ALL OF THEM. LOL

I'll be sure and let somebody know if THAT ever happens! hahahaha

I went to the range on saturday - and shot 6 different handguns...
Sig P290RS
Springfield XD-E
Ruger P85
Browning Hi-Power
Canik TP9SA
Canik TP9SF

Today I went and only shot one single one.
My NEW SP-01 TACTICAL for the first time.
That thing shot great.
Nice feel in my hand.  A bit heavy when compared with the new composite striker fire stuff - that that's precisely WHY I bought it.
It shoots a tick low compared with most of my other handguns, but I'm quite capable of holding higher. 
Sights are perfecly dead center - unlike most handguns I've taken to the range the very first time.  What a pleasant surprise!
300 rounds down the pipe and it's ready to be cleaned, disassembled and some parts polished up.
I just had to know what it actually shot like before I took it apart to work on it.

I can't wait to put about 10,000 more rounds through the thing to get it broken in!

Sorry, no pics today.  I honestly didn't even think about it.

But as a side note:
You guys probably better buy some CZ stock.
This might be the beginning of an expensive relationship. hahaha

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »
I don't count guns.  I was an accounting/information systems person but some people ask or want to count how many range bags I brought. 

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2017, 09:12:43 PM »
The real question is: "How many of you take only one gun to the range?  8)

People do that?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
I only took two today, but I was invited to the private range up the street from me. Literally up the street, 1.5 miles.  8) So, if I needed anything, I could run home and back in 10 minutes. ;) Took the BREN 805 and the P-10c, and the BREN never left the bag. This shooting line has lots of neat permanent steel setups to try, so my friend and I worked on that until the sun went down...which didn't take too long considering we started at 5:30. :D But then again, it's so close it is literally walking distance.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2017, 11:37:53 PM »
Very Cool!

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:56 AM »
I always take 2-4  but most of the time they are of the same platform. I have a cz75b in ss, pcr, p-01, rami bd, tristar p-120 and witness small frame. Also take a 422 and smith 686.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »
Depends on the mood I am in and what my goals are for that visit.