Author Topic: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range  (Read 26763 times)

Offline Igrlik

Re: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 02:52:39 PM »
Usually  2-3 guns. Sometimes I do so called "Family Shooting Show" with my daughter and her boyfriend. Then 5-6.

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »
I always take several been shooting for many years and enjoy all my handguns.  I shoot at least once a week now that I'm retired, today I shot my SPO1, Rami BD, Sig 938, S&W 19-2, and a S&W 69 44 mag. I'm a old school old fart that loves to shoot my double action revolvers as well as most pistols.  The indoor range I shoot at is running a best shot in Wichita contest now through July I qualified with my Gov. model colt and could have qualified with my S&W 25-5 or my S&W 69 or any of my 9mm's shooting is just fun.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »
Being from Utah I like to have as many pistols with me at the range as I have wives at home....  O0
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline WVNed

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 07:17:41 AM »
Yesterday I took 6. Sometimes I take more.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline dmleininger

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
I don't go to the range near as much as I'd like to.  When I do I usually take my Kadet Kit mounted on a P-01 frame to warm up/have fun with.  Lately I have been on a buying spree so I have had at least 1 other new or new to me CZ compact or subcompact to test and enjoy.  Not trying to become a marksman, just enjoy getting out and emptying some magazines.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »
9mm. He went on to tell me "you know you will never shoot consistently shooting different guns, you should just focus on one

He is right for a new inexperienced shooter.  A good shooter can pick up anything decent and shoot well.  It is all about the fundamentals. 
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline Vinny

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »
I guess everyone's situation is different. But I would agree that once you master the fundamentals; and your gun sights are dialed in, switching is no big deal.

I suppose if I had to drive a long way and I had unlimited Range time anyway; I guess I'd want to shoot as much and as many guns as I could per session. Ditto if I could only get out a few times per month.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:46:21 PM by Vinny »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline eastman

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 07:07:23 PM »
For an all day range trip to a place about an hour and a half from here, I brought 3 centerfire rifles, 1 rimfire rifle, a Ruger Charger (shot with the bipod in the 50yd rifle range) and ~10 pistols.   ;D
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
For an all day range trip to a place about an hour and a half from here, I brought 3 centerfire rifles, 1 rimfire rifle, a Ruger Charger (shot with the bipod in the 50yd rifle range) and ~10 pistols.   ;D

I'll bet that was a fun day! Where did you find room for all the ammo?   ;D
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Joe L

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 10:00:42 PM »
During bullseye season, I'll take the Kadet and the 97 and shoot 60-100 rounds through each one.  Very structured, twice/week.  Work.  "This is not easy."

Once or twice a month I just take the carry guns, go to a regular pistol bay, hang some paper plates, and have some fun instead of "practice".  Or I take the interns to the range.  That's the ticket.  "This is fun."

Rifles separate trip from the handguns.  I can't mix and match.  Mentally.  Usually one rifle per trip.  I only have three, so not a problem. 

Joe

CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline eastman

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »

I'll bet that was a fun day! Where did you find room for all the ammo?   ;D

two ammo cans (plastic .30 cal can for .30-06 and .223 rifle ammo and a .50 cal metal can with pistol ammo)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Blunk

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
If I go to the range, 2-3 guns is my max, well, because I only own 3 guns, a CZ 75D PCR, a Lee Enfield, and a CZ Scorpion  :P. Just bought a Vz 58 tactical and waiting for it to ship ;D ;D ;D 

As for that gentlemen's comment on getting used to one gun, I'm feeling mixed about it however I think it's very situational.

Give me a gun and enough time to line up the sights and fire, it's a bulls eye all of the time. On the other hand, I got the chance to practice body armor drills (one shot to the body then another shot to the head within five seconds) with a friend of mine for his qualifications. Five seconds doesn't seem a lot but it definitely adds some pressure, and it's there where I think practicing one gun would be beneficial, but then again, if you got your fundamentals down then you should be good with any gun.

Finally, I heard about a guy from China who practiced with an airsoft blow back pistol for a competition in the US. He ended up going home with a few trophies that day. Don't know for sure about the whole story, but it just goes to show you about getting your fundamentals down.

Cheers

Offline staggsofdryvalley

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
 my range is outdoors about an hour away so when I am home every Tuesday I make it worth my while :)
usually 3-4 rifles and a couple handguns . shoot .22 rifle to warm up with and check to see if I drank to much coffee
then the 223 and 204's 50 or so rounds each , 20-25 rounds of 260 rem or bigger , and always shoot the pistols last 50rounds .
my average range session is 5 about hours .

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 11:00:47 PM »
I always say I'm not going to take more than 2 but I always end up taking a minimum of 3, and at most 5.  When I bring 5 I don't necessarily bring them all out but there have been times when I have.  I normally shoot with my brother and I will regroup while he is shooting, in preparation for a pistol change.

Offline tattooo

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2017, 01:01:44 AM »
If I am practicing for a match I focus on the firearms I will be using. If its just a fun range day, I mix and match way more then one of whatever I feel like shooting

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk