Author Topic: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range  (Read 26938 times)

Offline Snakester

Re: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:01 PM »
Since I shoot outdoors 100% of the time , either at my Range or at a neighbors Range I do sometimes only shoot with 2 guns. I always have my SKS in the Gun rack on my Gator and I always grab my Scorpion that I keep in a back pack. A lot of the time they are the only 2 guns I have with me. If Carol and I are going to spend a day at the Range , we may have 8-9 guns with us. I have 2 friends that when we shoot together we mainly shoot Lever Guns , anything from .22 to 45/70. I also have a friend that only shoots Revolvers with Scopes ...He has 7 and has gotten me interested to shoot them too. I only have 2 , a Ruger Single6 .22 Mag. and a Ruger Rem. .41 Hunter.  Range time should be enjoyed by everyone that is a Gun Owner and you should take whatever fits the mood you are in .

Offline MetalGravy

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:49 PM »
I used to take out 2, but now would rather just concentrate on one during a particular session.  I usually also rent a gun, so there's that.

Offline TheLocNar

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »
I always bring my Scorpion with me. And I'll mix up the handguns. Any 2 at a time. RAMI, 75B w or w/o Kadet, and the CGW P-09.

Offline eastman

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »
I brought 11 pistols (including the Scorpion) to the range today and didn't shoot any of them.

(Lots of other people did, all part of being a CZ Pusher, I mean, Demo Rep)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
I take any gun I intend to carry in the next month.  Usually at least 2.   I won't carry a gun I can't shoot to my satisfaction.  If you ever need it, you need to know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HeinyO

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 11:52:34 PM »
Also makes it kinda tough to practice for a "three gun challenge".
Time - The greatest teacher that eventually kills all of her students. - Synchronicity

Offline reminkus

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
I always shot my everyday carry and whatever others that I feel I need to bush up on to feel comfortable and confident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline butodw

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »
Now that I am retired, I go to the range once a week.  Once a month, I'll take my 3 guns:  CZ P-01, Glock 26 and 19.  Will shoot 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain.  The other weeks I rotate shooting one gun 150 rounds.  The week I shoot the Glock 26 is when my wife joins me to shoot - it's her Glock!

Offline butodw

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »
Now that I am retired, I go to the range once a week.  Once a month, I'll take my 3 guns:  CZ P-01, Glock 26 and 19.  Will shoot 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain.  The other weeks I rotate shooting one gun 150 rounds.  The week I shoot the Glock 26 is when my wife joins me to shoot - it's her Glock!

Oops - to be clear.  When I take the 3 guns, I shoot 50 rounds thru each gun.

Offline eastman

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »

Sounds like you need a few more CZs

Offline butodw

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2017, 09:01:50 PM »

Sounds like you need a few more CZs
Amen!  Would love the Shadow 2 and P10C!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2017, 11:08:17 PM »
I brought 11 pistols (including the Scorpion) to the range today and didn't shoot any of them.

Ha! I thought I was a :pusher"...

"Psst, hey...yeah you, c'mere....wanna try a CZ?" 8)

Offline eastman

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2017, 10:05:07 PM »

The first year I went to the ISRA (IL State Rifle Association) range open house, I was a regular attendee and got to try a bunch of brands for pistols, rifles and shotguns. The last two years I have gone as a rep for CZ pistols. Had 6 pistols on the table in 2016. Had a lot more this year (and was the only manufacturer rep with a .40 this year, which was great during the 20 minute period when they ran out of 9mm).

I made my personal range trip the day before the demo. Then spent 3 hours on Sunday afternoon cleaning the demo pistols (lots of dust at this range).

Offline Vinny

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »

The first year I went to the ISRA (IL State Rifle Association) range open house, I was a regular attendee and got to try a bunch of brands for pistols, rifles and shotguns. The last two years I have gone as a rep for CZ pistols. Had 6 pistols on the table in 2016. Had a lot more this year (and was the only manufacturer rep with a .40 this year, which was great during the 20 minute period when they ran out of 9mm).

I made my personal range trip the day before the demo. Then spent 3 hours on Sunday afternoon cleaning the demo pistols (lots of dust at this range).

Eastman, I was getting really jealous about your job; having all those CZ's to Demo....Until you mentioned the part about not getting to shoot them and having to spend 3 hours cleaning.  O0 Just Kidding.  Sounds like a cool gig. 
Yeah, when I'm tempted to bring more than 1 or 2, max 3 to the range, I think about the cleaning time. I can't stand putting a gun back into the safe without at least cleaning the breach and bore with a cable patch; so might as well just field strip and do it right, and re-lube it too.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline eastman

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2017, 09:15:50 PM »

Eastman, I was getting really jealous about your job; having all those CZ's to Demo....Until you mentioned the part about not getting to shoot them and having to spend 3 hours cleaning.  O0 Just Kidding.  Sounds like a cool gig. 
Yeah, when I'm tempted to bring more than 1 or 2, max 3 to the range, I think about the cleaning time. I can't stand putting a gun back into the safe without at least cleaning the breach and bore with a cable patch; so might as well just field strip and do it right, and re-lube it too.

I don't know what ammo they used for the range at the ISRA open house, but none of the bores were all that dirty. I was much more concerned about the dust. Last year was drier in the week leading up to the event, and there was a lot of blowing dust (really fine sand-like particles) caught in the pistols. Didn't want to take any chances.