Author Topic: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range  (Read 26961 times)

Offline butodw

Re: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »
I take my CZ P-01 and my Glock 19 and 26, but try to  rotate firing only one per range visit so I can run thru drills and work on consistency.  Occasionally I succumb to temptation and shoot more than one.  Regardless, I actually enjoy cleaning after every range visit - therapeutic for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
I've never taken less then 3 pistols and if shooting rifles, never less then 2.   At the end of every session I take out my EDC and empty the mag in the gun and the two others I carry in my bag. 
The above goes for all of the brothers I shoot with. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
I had to chime in because I feel good when people ask me if I brought my "A" gun or brought "a gun". For pistols I might tell people that I brought only three bags.  For shotgun practice or a related range visit, I might tell the requester that I brought my "C" shotgun but I brought one or two others with me but left some others at home with other letters not referenced by brand or action in this post. 

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
Since I have not yet found the perfect gun, and also because I own guns (plural) for enjoyment more than shooting skill, I always bring 2 or 3 so I can compare them.  Sometimes different guns in same caliber; sometimes similar guns in different calibers; or occasionally just an eclectic mixture that suits me at the moment.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »
Okay Quercusmax.  Not every trigger I run with revolvers or semi feels the same at range time as long as the pull is not like a mechanical safety is on. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2017, 06:21:01 AM »
I even take more than one gun on road trips.

Went home Sunday for a death in the family.  We carried our CZ 75 Compacts (wife and I) and I packed another CZ 75 Compact (that SP01 Compact) in the trunk as a back up in case we had issues with the primary gun.

Didn't think about it not fitting my holster till I was on the road.  Oh well.  Didn't "need" it anyway.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »
I usually take 4 or 5 different handguns to the range with me if it's indoors.
I don't ALWAYS shoot all of them, I'm just prepared to shoot whatever I felt like carrying in there that day.
Sometimes I focus on just my concealed carry weapons, or just the revolvers, or just the steel frame semis , or just the striker fire.  Or sometimes I'll shoot one of each - just because it felt good.

Going to our outdoor desert range usually means I don't have to carry anything anywhere and can leave it all in the truck and just put on the table what I'm shooting at that moment.  That generally means a number of rifles in the mix.  It's MY DAY.  I'm not worried about "getting good" with any single one of them.  I want to be GREAT with ALL OF THEM. LOL

I'll be sure and let somebody know if THAT ever happens! hahahaha

I went to the range on saturday - and shot 6 different handguns...
Sig P290RS
Springfield XD-E
Ruger P85
Browning Hi-Power
Canik TP9SA
Canik TP9SF

Today I went and only shot one single one.
My NEW SP-01 TACTICAL for the first time.
That thing shot great.
Nice feel in my hand.  A bit heavy when compared with the new composite striker fire stuff - that that's precisely WHY I bought it.
It shoots a tick low compared with most of my other handguns, but I'm quite capable of holding higher. 
Sights are perfecly dead center - unlike most handguns I've taken to the range the very first time.  What a pleasant surprise!
300 rounds down the pipe and it's ready to be cleaned, disassembled and some parts polished up.
I just had to know what it actually shot like before I took it apart to work on it.

I can't wait to put about 10,000 more rounds through the thing to get it broken in!

Sorry, no pics today.  I honestly didn't even think about it.

But as a side note:
You guys probably better buy some CZ stock.
This might be the beginning of an expensive relationship. hahaha

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »
I don't count guns.  I was an accounting/information systems person but some people ask or want to count how many range bags I brought. 

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2017, 09:12:43 PM »
The real question is: "How many of you take only one gun to the range?  8)

People do that?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
I only took two today, but I was invited to the private range up the street from me. Literally up the street, 1.5 miles.  8) So, if I needed anything, I could run home and back in 10 minutes. ;) Took the BREN 805 and the P-10c, and the BREN never left the bag. This shooting line has lots of neat permanent steel setups to try, so my friend and I worked on that until the sun went down...which didn't take too long considering we started at 5:30. :D But then again, it's so close it is literally walking distance.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2017, 11:37:53 PM »
Very Cool!

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:56 AM »
I always take 2-4  but most of the time they are of the same platform. I have a cz75b in ss, pcr, p-01, rami bd, tristar p-120 and witness small frame. Also take a 422 and smith 686.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »
Depends on the mood I am in and what my goals are for that visit.

Offline Chef Jeff

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2017, 08:23:03 PM »
Two to three 1911s, two CZs and a couple of ARs is my usual. I shoot em all.
CZ 1911A1, CZ75 P-07 Duty, CZ 75B, CZ 75 Compact, CZ 97BD

Offline puddintame

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »
75 BD and PCR. soon [I hope] 75 compact. all CGW

anything