Author Topic: Close up of the P-10-C  (Read 11928 times)

Offline schmeky

Re: Close up of the P-10-C
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »
Thebillsman,

I only report what we measure, and the P-10-C we have in our possession consistently measures 6lbs. 6oz. 

Offline seaswol

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »
Picked up a P10C yesterday.  My LGS commented that it has the best trigger of the 8 guns he received in the last three weeks.  10 pulls with the Lyman averaged out to 4# 6.2oz. (unfired yet).  The slide release feels like 20#, the right hand mag release feels like 16# and the left hand release feels like 12#.  The small grip panel is way too small for my hand, the medium panel feels good while pulling the trigger and the large is just a little too large. Friday is my range day so I'll start out with a cleaned gun, well lubricated and put a few hundred reloads thru it along with 50 SD rounds. I did order Talon grips to try before I sand the front and rear panels.  The side panels are the right texture.  I paid $519 at my LGS which is a little high but for a very good trigger right out of the box its OK.  Plus,  if he isn't in business,  where will I spend my spare time now that I am in retirement.
Chris

Offline tekarra

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »
Another excellent article, thanks David.

Offline Evi1joe

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 01:39:59 AM »
I have an non-digital trigger-pull scale, but I ALSO get 4.5# with a straight pull. My friend's FDE version also pulled right at 4.5#. 6.6# sounds like something is off, since a 40% increase seems too big to be a variance in tolerance issue.

--
My main gripes are the heavy mag-release (does this break in and lighten up?) and the safety blade in the trigger; the slide release is harder to actuate than my Glock on an empty mag, but it's fine with a loaded mag (I rarely close on empty, but it's still not too difficult). Oh, and I wish we had HD-XR and Heinie sights for it.

My ideal trigger would be a 50% reduction in pretravel and a 95% reduction in over-travel. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:48:58 AM by Evi1joe »

Offline Geared4me

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
The trigger pulls for this gun that I have seen reported have a wide variance so I don't doubt any ones measurement. I have two hundred rounds through mine with about equal dry fires. Using my Wheeler non-digital gauge at the very bottom of the trigger I get a consistent 5.5# and with it in the middle of the trigger 6#. Both figures have gone down .2# since I measured it brand new so I really don't see any way that I am getting to 4#-4.5# with any more break in. I have a glock 4# striker spring on the way and will see how that does.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
I can't wait to see what CGW comes up with for the P10 line of pistols.  I'm just over the 600 round point with mine and the trigger is a consistent 4 lbs. flat.  The geometry of this pistol is very good and it will be a fantastic shooter once the high volume production parts are replaced with some nicely tuned CGW parts.  My biggest gripe to date is the trigger feel.  The pull is nice, but that sharp little dingus sure could be improved. 

I'll have to keep an eye on the CGW website for any goodies that could turn this great EDC gun into a fantastic EDC gun, just as was the case for my P01, 75Bs and others.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 01:33:02 AM »
I'd love to see a flat trigger that sits a bit further fwd. Reach to the trigger seems really short to me with the medium backstrap, haven't tried the large yet.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline Myk

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 01:22:02 AM »
I think CZ has tweaked some things on the P10c. My slide lock is the same as my P-01 no problem at all and closes and chambers a round on insertion of a full mag every time. The reset is at about an 1/8" right now which is plenty short for me ( the best I've ever felt). The pistol trickled in a couple weeks ago. The mag release was a little stiff but it's loosing up. The trigger I would be shocked if it was much over 4lbs. almost too light for a carry gun for me.

Offline Str8t-Shooter

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »
Any updates from anyone on the P10c?  I'm tired of the auto-forward feature and I'm about to change the trigger shoe, so figured I could replace parts if there are any out there.  I'd really like to keep the slide locked back when inserting a magazine...

Any updates are appreciated!!

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »
I don't understand, you want to slam a mag home but not have the auto forward engage?

Offline Str8t-Shooter

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
If that was for me, yes, I prefer the slide to stay locked until I rack it.  I've trained for many years with a Glock and a Sig before that, the muscle memory is ingrained.  I guess it's a personal thing, but I don't like or want the slide to go home, unless I send it.  This is the one thing that will keep the P10c from being one of my primaries...

Offline Vernonion

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 04:01:51 PM »
Any update on the CGW packages you guys are working up. My P10C FDE with factory nights sights will be here soon and I would like to send it to you. It would be an interesting comparison to see what the recent release has changed, if anything.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2017, 09:40:01 AM »
Thanks for the close look and sharing with us. I look forward to your future recommendations.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline rledwards

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
The mag release on mine is terrible. My wife is a good shooter, has lots of experience with Glocks and S&W M&Ps, but she cannot operate the mag release on my P10c. Anything in the works to remedy this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline earlan357

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 11:05:39 AM »
The mag release on mine is terrible. My wife is a good shooter, has lots of experience with Glocks and S&W M&Ps, but she cannot operate the mag release on my P10c. Anything in the works to remedy this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=88890.0