Author Topic: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)  (Read 13638 times)

Offline eastman

Re: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 10:28:21 PM »
Why the change, I wonder... :o

I'm going to guess it had something to do with lawyers   ::)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
I'd keep an eye on what Cajun Gun Works comes up with...I know it will be stellar.

I agree, but not sure about dropping bucks on a composite pistol which was designed as a competitor in the price-conscious range, or spending $250 to fix a problem than can be solved by a $0.01 piece of tape on the side of my trigger finger. Were I to drop those bucks, it would be on my SP-01, but I'm actually pretty happy with the stock trigger on it, and I'm not a competitive shooter so don't really need the upgrade.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline Joe L

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:25 AM »
I'd keep an eye on what Cajun Gun Works comes up with...I know it will be stellar.

I agree, but not sure about dropping bucks on a composite pistol which was designed as a competitor in the price-conscious range, or spending $250 to fix a problem than can be solved by a $0.01 piece of tape on the side of my trigger finger. Were I to drop those bucks, it would be on my SP-01, but I'm actually pretty happy with the stock trigger on it, and I'm not a competitive shooter so don't really need the upgrade.

I fixed the trigger FINGER pinch with a file and some JB-Weld, similar to what I had to to on the P-07 and P-09.  But it is ugly.  New shooters didn't even notice it last night, however. 

But your point about investing in a plastic gun are well taken.  Didn't stop me, however, as I have every part CGW makes plus a red dot sight on a P-09 and it is STILL the most accurate, softest shooting 9mm I have.  I'd do it again in a minute, pending funds. 

The CGW parts to fix the physical trigger on the P-10C should be pretty inexpensive.  The CGW parts to improve the trigger pull will probably be as expensive as the pistol and won't be available until after Christmas.   :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 07:58:24 AM »
What is the best way to address this? BTW, my dingus itself doesn't have smoothed edges -- the edges on it are sharply squared.

After I got my P10c home, I unboxed it, disassembled, cleaned it, reassembled and did some dry firing. I noticed the trigger finger pinch/discomfort right away. Disappointed, I put the gun away instead of going to the range. After reading here, I've started filing/sanding the trigger and so-called digus.  The trigger feel is getting better.
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
What is the best way to address this? BTW, my dingus itself doesn't have smoothed edges -- the edges on it are sharply squared.

After I got my P10c home, I unboxed it, disassembled, cleaned it, reassembled and did some dry firing. I noticed the trigger finger pinch/discomfort right away. Disappointed, I put the gun away instead of going to the range. After reading here, I've started filing/sanding the trigger and so-called digus.  The trigger feel is getting better.

Please let me know how your sanding goes and the result.

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 12:24:50 PM »
"........I believe it is actually from your finger dragging over the sharp tip of the trigger safety dingus....I disc...". Cznine, would you put the picture about that sharp tip here please? Also, i see on your sign you have PPQ too; how do you feel/ compare it with P10C in general (trigger, mechanical accuracy.. Etc)?

It's not so much the "dingus" as it is the pointy edges of the gap in the trigger.  While the middle of the dingus sticks out past the trigger face when pressed, the very tip of the dingus actually travels inside the "fangs" allowing them to dig up into your finger under recoil. 

earlan357 - is correct about the "fangs" in his post I believe... The pics he posted are exactly how my trigger looks... I've started with a small file and 100 grit sandpaper blending the the bottom front point of the trigger, dingus and fangs, to make this all smooth where my finger pulls on the trigger. It's getting better. I'm gonna fix that trigger bite before I shoot this gun. Also, I noticed that the trigger guard on the P10c is smaller than that of my P07. I have medium size hands and fingers and would think it would be difficult to shoot the P10c wearing gloves.
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA

Offline vlj1216

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »
Any ideas yet on the gap between the frame and the magazine? My pinky gets pinched there from time to time.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »
Any ideas yet on the gap between the frame and the magazine? My pinky gets pinched there from time to time.

Mine too; that 1mm gap is annoying.

Offline niblerrn

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »
Joe would you mind posting a picture or video of what you did to your trigger safety?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick

Offline Joe L

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
Joe would you mind posting a picture or video of what you did to your trigger safety?

OK, but you are not going to like it.  This is while I was waiting for the JB-Weld to dry, thus the tie-wrap and q-tip in place to keep the dingus retracted.  Note that this is a TEMPORARY fix pending a CGW fix.  The face of the trigger is too sharp at the slot for me even after getting some clearance for the trigger safety.  Also note that this JB-Weld is reversible, as is the Sugru on the grip, and that my P-09 and P-07 pistols have similar Sugru and JB-Weld treatments to get the reach to the trigger correct for me and to ovalize the grip to get a full contact on my right hand, for single hand bullseye shooting. 

Also note that this pistol is a range gun only, it is not a carry gun and I don't want to hear any complaints about temporarily defeating the safety.  It's no more dangerous than any DA/SA P-09/07 or 75BD after the hammer is cocked at a bullseye match. 

Before I added the JB-Weld to the trigger face, I filed the rear edge of the trigger dingus to get a little more clearance.  But the trigger face itself was not right, was still too close, and I had the finger pinch problem.  All that was fixed with the JB-Weld. 

Anyone that thinks these modifications are extreme are missing all the fun of having a plastic pistol to begin with.  For bullseye.   :) :)

Joe
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:18:31 AM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 05:19:12 AM »
No complaints, amigo, you're having fun. I think you pointed out that most of your mods can be reversed if need be, but it's your gun and it fits you. :D Waiting for the next step in your long range work with the P-10C!

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »
Joe's fix is a little more drastic than what I did.  About 30 seconds with a fine round file made it flush enough not to bother my finger when shooting.  David

Offline niblerrn

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2017, 08:47:32 AM »
No complaints from me Joe.  Thanks guys!
Nick
Nick

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »
I agree with Sooltauq on every point. I just returned from my 1st range trip. Only 150 rounds but honestly,  had I had more ammo with me, I would have left anyhow. My hand is raw from the backstrap. I will switch out for the medium backstrap later tonight. The trigger measured just a hair understanding 6lbs out of the box but the reset makes up for it a little. I will post pictures from the range when I return home this evening. 

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
Same here on the large mainspring housing. The lower palm of my hand is sore after 100 Ross yesterday and I like VZ grips on my Springfield TRP!

I normally carry a VP9 and I have about 5k rounds in that platform and I had reached the conclusion that it's the easiest polymer pistol to shoot well with. I tried the CZ just because.

It shoots like a laser - just like the VP.

I love the trigger but for now I'm more accustomed to the VP Trigger.

The ergos of the VP fit me better.

I shoot the VP better right now but I'm committed to a three to four month CZ-only carry and use to see how well it works FOR ME.

I used some very fine wet/dry sand paper on the mainspring housing - lightly - and it feels better but I think the medium MIGHT ease the discomfort some.

Other things I noticed is the magazine release while perfectly fine in the store and at the range (where I loaded no more than five rounds at a time) is a female dog to activate with a full magazine and a round in the chamber. That's a first.

The slide release levers... they leave a lot to be desired. They need more bearing surface on top.

Great pistol. I like it. A lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HST

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 08:10:51 AM »
I threw a set of Talon rubber grips on my P10 and it made a huge difference. But i use Talon grips on any plastic weapon i have owned and i like them.
Give them a try , for 17.00 if you don't like them rip them off .
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series