Author Topic: My daily carry!lol  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Arsenaljoe

My daily carry!lol
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:29:58 AM »
New to cz, but I've had this mint 1978 dan Wesson .357 magnum revolver with a 8" barrel. Accurate like a rifle a hardly any recoil on this thing due to the huge barrel. My grandfather had it, then passed it to my dad, who passed it to me. Definitely a keeper!

Offline jertex

Re: My daily carry!lol
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:00:11 AM »
Very nice 15-2VH8. You can buy aftermarket barrels/shrouds from EWKArms that are slab sided, blued beauties if you decide you want a more manageable barrel length. They accept the Dan Wesson interchangeable sights and you can also obtain new barrel nuts, barrel wrenches, etc. at EWK. Eric is a great guy and will bend over backwards to get accessories for your Dan Wesson.

CZCustom PCR Pro-Tek I, CZ SP01 Tactical, Dan Wesson Revolvers, other handguns & long guns

Offline Arsenaljoe

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:38:40 PM »
Very nice 15-2VH8. You can buy aftermarket barrels/shrouds from EWKArms that are slab sided, blued beauties if you decide you want a more manageable barrel length. They accept the Dan Wesson interchangeable sights and you can also obtain new barrel nuts, barrel wrenches, etc. at EWK. Eric is a great guy and will bend over backwards to get accessories for your Dan Wesson.

Thanks man! I've been wanting a shorter barrel for this!

Offline jertex

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
Be aware that if that 8" barrel has never been removed it's likely the barrel nut is frozen. When the barrel nut is frozen, it's easy to strip out the notches, especially if you're using the original barrel nut tool which was a terrible design (see picture below). If the barrel nut is frozen, there are several techniques to solve this problem and I've found the "clamp method" to be the simplest way to remove the barrel nut when this occurs. I created a link on the Dan Wesson forum documenting this method that could be helpful.

CZCustom PCR Pro-Tek I, CZ SP01 Tactical, Dan Wesson Revolvers, other handguns & long guns

Offline Arsenaljoe

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »
Be aware that if that 8" barrel has never been removed it's likely the barrel nut is frozen. When the barrel nut is frozen, it's easy to strip out the notches, especially if you're using the original barrel nut tool which was a terrible design (see picture below). If the barrel nut is frozen, there are several techniques to solve this problem and I've found the "clamp method" to be the simplest way to remove the barrel nut when this occurs. I created a link on the Dan Wesson forum documenting this method that could be helpful.

Thank you for this info. Can you send me the link please? I would appreciate it!

Offline jertex

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 02:46:09 PM »
Here's the link: http://bit.ly/2r6IqAT. There are some additional pictures on the last page of the link that might help clarify anything that isn't clear. I thought I had included it in the earlier post but I forgot to add it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:00:14 PM by jertex »

Offline jertex

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 08:05:24 AM »
CZ-USA just notified me that they have Dan Wesson complete barrel assemblies in stock. I just ordered the 2.5" blued VH for my 15-2. Here is the link: https://shop.cz-usa.com/dw-products/revolver/barrels-shrouds/357-magnum

Offline Cati

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
Cool