Author Topic: Need help on a decision  (Read 843 times)

Offline Hartman23Foscari

Need help on a decision
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »
So I have an ak 47 vepr with slant back but I have it fully converted professionally with ironwood stock on the way. Question is do I trade sell it to get an ak74 now that I have a vz 2008 that I enjoy and my wife doesn't like shooting the vepr anyway.

Thoughts?

Offline Hartman23Foscari

Re: Need help on a decision
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:10:25 PM »
Anyone?

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:15:17 AM »
I don't know enough about either to give you an educated opinion, but I've sold or traded enough guns to have an opinion about that.  Would the AK74 play a bigger role than the AK74 is currently playing?  If it's just sitting in the safe or closet and you could trade if for something you would enjoy and use, that's the way to arrive at an answer. 

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 06:38:55 AM »
No.

Keep the AK47.  Except for caliber, same old same old.  Why not keep two platforms that at least share the same ammo and serves good cqb duty when the bleep hits the fan.

If you guys decide on a smaller caliber for longer range fun, there are plenty out there from 556/223 to .243 or even 6.5 cred in a hunting capable gun.  Just save up for something totally different.  Does the misses have a bolt rifle?

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
No.

Keep the AK47.  Except for caliber, same old same old.  Why not keep two platforms that at least share the same ammo and serves good cqb duty when the !@## hits the fan.

If you guys decide on a smaller caliber for longer range fun, there are plenty out there from 556/223 to .243 or even 6.5 cred in a hunting capable gun.  Just save up for something totally different.  Does the misses have a bolt rifle?

+1

Offline Hartman23Foscari

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »
No.

Keep the AK47.  Except for caliber, same old same old.  Why not keep two platforms that at least share the same ammo and serves good cqb duty when the !@## hits the fan.

Yes she had one longer then I've been in guns

She has a mini 14 but I don't like ar 15s or minis that much (the style mini are tho I like)

Offline v35

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 11:15:39 PM »
Keep the VEPR and get your wife what she wants. Everyone's happy.

I've always wanted one. I'll admit the sole reason is that they look cool.