Author Topic: Picked up my Bren 805 this week  (Read 323 times)

Offline Wayne in boca

Picked up my Bren 805 this week
« on: June 09, 2017, 06:25:40 AM »
Absolutely lovely carbine,no buyers remorse whatsoever.I think I have a new best friend.So I decided to read the manual,and discovered that I have the manual for an 805 pistol.And the warranty certificate says pistol as well.Being a worry-wart,I called CZ and talked to Randall.He explained that my rifle was imported as a pistol,and rifle features were added stateside.OK by me,except that my pistol manual doesn't have part numbers for stock parts.Doesn't look likely to break,though,so I will go shoot her tomorrow and exult in the joy of a sweet new rifle.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Picked up my Bren 805 this week
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 12:21:58 AM »
Yes, for 922(r) compliance the gun was imported as a pistol then legally converted to a rifle here in the US to as to met import criteria, such as US made barrel, etc. There really isn't a US Carbine manual, but you might be able to get one from CZ-UB.
It IS an awesome rifle, isn't it? I was enamored of mine the second I saw it...after I pried it loose of the gun shop guy who didn't want to give it up!
Remember the charging handle is reciprocating, so watch the thumbs - I smashed mine the very first shot. Didn't jam, either. Swapped the handle to the opposite side and am happy as a clam.

Offline Psyop96

Re: Picked up my Bren 805 this week
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:23:07 AM »
This might be what you're looking for. CZUB website. https://www.czub.cz/en/navody.html/

anything