Author Topic: manticore mags and type b factory  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Mramistr

manticore mags and type b factory
« on: June 12, 2017, 09:26:30 PM »
I made a thread a while ago asking if the CZ factory mags were fixed with the type B feed lips. I just came back on here and was wondering if there had been any issues with the new manticore ones? Are they just as durable and reliable as pmags or similar? While I have the thread open I also wonder if anyone has had or has heard of any issues with the type b feed lips. Last I was on here there hadn't been any issues.

Offline akuser47

Re: manticore mags and type b factory
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »
While my cz magazines have yet to crack or fail. My newer PGS magazines have been awesome no issue yet. I am pretty sure we had a few of the CZ new gen magazines with cracks in lips. I don't remember anyone reporting a total failure. My memory is bad though.

Offline majulook

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 12:00:55 PM »
I have both of the Type A (8 ea ) and B (6 ea) of the CZ mags. No failures or issues with them.

Also have 4 of the Manticore mags, also no issues with those.

Offline Arachnid

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
I have had both Type A and Type B factory mags fail. Won't buy any more. No durability issues so far with Manticore/PSG.

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »
Manticore mags for the win. faster/better customer service and a better overall product  8).
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Mramistr

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 10:47:25 PM »
How do the manticore compare to Magpul pmag quality?

Offline akuser47

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 11:17:41 PM »
The design of the pgs verses the p mag is huge difference. Though I wouldn't hesitate  to use my pgs magazines if things get sporty. Same as my pmags in my DDM4V5 with pmags I have full confidence  in both magazines aND plat forms if used within their intended purposes.

Offline Mramistr

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 12:42:33 AM »
The design of the pgs verses the p mag is huge difference. Though I wouldn't hesitate  to use my pgs magazines if things get sporty. Same as my pmags in my DDM4V5 with pmags I have full confidence  in both magazines aND plat forms if used within their intended purposes.

I understand that there different, I only meant quality wise. Pmags are generally considered to be almost indestructible, do the manticore have that kind of quality?

Offline excalibur

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 10:08:51 AM »
It could just be the ammo I used, but I've had 3 malfunctions so far. 2 of them, the same type, so it could be the ammo, which was Remington UMC. Both times, the empty casing failed to eject and ended up being stuck inside with the bolt pressed against it...sideways. The other malfunction was the bolt failed to lock back. Never had this happen with the CZ mags and I couldn't replicate it.

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »
It could just be the ammo I used, but I've had 3 malfunctions so far. 2 of them, the same type, so it could be the ammo, which was Remington UMC. Both times, the empty casing failed to eject and ended up being stuck inside with the bolt pressed against it...sideways. The other malfunction was the bolt failed to lock back. Never had this happen with the CZ mags and I couldn't replicate it.

If you check my past posts I had problems with umc ammo myself in factory mags causing fte's, also had a bad batch of winchester 100rnd white box ammo after popping out the primers later on to use the brass for reloading I noticed the primer flash holes where drilled completely off center and some even into the primer pocket sidewall...

Magtech, federal, winchester "except 200 rounds batch made 11/16" , CCI , Various Reloads , Hornady , Fiocchi ,S&B all worked flawless 115-147 grs. Speer lawman being the most accurate factory ammo and Home loads using these  https://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets-for-reloading/new-rmr-9mm-124-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-made-in-house-by-rmr/?v=7516fd43adaa and 5.3 grains of CFE pistol stack 5 bullets within a nickel at 25 yards

If I get my ass out there and find em all I could post them up on gunbroker and recoup some funds but I'd have to dig through a several thousand 7.62, 223 , .40s just typing it makes me wanna go sleepy  ::)
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline kid168

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is type A and type B mags on the Evo3?

Offline akuser47

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
Type A are the first gen magazines which were supposed to be the problem. The type b have thicker feed lips and are made with better polymer. According to what CZ said I think that's it.

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 11:18:59 PM »
I've had 2 type A fail so far 1 20rd & 1 30rd both 2015 dated. The 30rd surprised me because it was only used for maybe 150 rounds and never loaded more than 10 rounds while shooting and cracked a lip. The 20 rd held 18 rounds shot once stayed in the pistol cruiser safe with no issues until I removed it for a day to switch trigger packs at which time it broke the lip off at some point in the 24 hrs.
Only about a month on pgs and type b as range mags and no issues with either so far.
ApIII%

Offline kid168

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:12 AM »
Anybody got pics in type A and type B?

Offline ndmiller

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 06:42:42 AM »
Wouldn't worry too much about it.  Regardless of which mags you have, if they crack or fail both CZ and Manticore will replace them.  Total non-issue.  Have dozens of CZ mags both types with one of the first Evo's SBR'd.  No failures of any kind with any mags, don't even look at them anymore, just load and go.

anything