Author Topic: Straight or angled stock adapter  (Read 718 times)

Offline westNE

Straight or angled stock adapter
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
My first post here but I want to thank everyone for the info that's been made available on this forum.

I've got a VZ2008 with the folding stock, I would like to update it to make it a little more comfortable at the range.  I like the RR arms dust cover mount with a Bushnell TRS25 I've had laying around. 

My question is what stock configure should give me the best cheek weld with this sight setup? I assume some kind of straight adapter from Stormworkz?  I like the CSA black synthetic for looks but I worry it may be too low. 

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline cciman

Re: Straight or angled stock adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:08:02 AM »

Depends on the mounting hardware, your face size, and the height over the cover that you are mounting the scope.

There are more aftermarket options for getting rid of the stock angle, than keeping it, but that does require higher mounted scopes, but still less than AR.

Offline wanderson

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
Mine has the factory straight folder.

For using iron sights or co-witnessing, I'd go angled.

If your optics are mounted higher, I'd stick with straight.

I run a trs 25 mounted on my upper handguard, works well with chin weld. Not comfortable using irons.

Offline westNE

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »
The "Lite" mount is inbound from RR Arms.  I'm thinking I'll need the straight adapter given the height of this mount. 

Offline CitizenPete

• Universal Machine Gun Model 59 (UK Vzor 59)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »
Consider:  selecting a buttstock with an adjustable comb height or add a comb -- more options available than you can count.

I might have an unused stormwerks straight adapter in my spare parts bin.  If you want to go that route send me a PM, maybe I can save you a few bucks..
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline westNE

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 02:21:23 PM »
PM sent!