Author Topic: Some folks are nice  (Read 960 times)

Offline copemech

Some folks are nice
« on: June 16, 2017, 12:22:42 AM »
And they leave their unwanted brass sitting on the table for you at the rifle range!

.223 and .308, sweet, NOW WHERE IS THE MISSING .308 ROUND? This just makes me crazy! O0

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Some folks are nice
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:08:27 AM »
I pick mine up.  If the other guy's brass is bouncing around me I ask if he reloads.  Sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no and tell me I can have the brass.

I get pistol brass that way but I almost never (once in the last year) get some rifle brass that way.

I don't go to the range often enough.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline mauserand9mm

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
Years ago I picked up 30 once fired 300WSM brass from the bin next to my bench at the range, and the two empty factory cardboard ammo boxes. I thought I would be able to use it to barter with someone at some stage. Then a few years ago I bought a 325WSM and ended up using the brass myself for reloading (simple neck-up operation).

The staff at our range pick-up the brass (if no one else has), bag it and sell it at the range shop.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 03:21:19 AM »
My range always has brass laying about, if you get there before the brass rats do. ;) if I am lucky I will come home with more than I left with by far, sometimes oddballs like 50Smith and Wesson and 300 Whisper. Those go to my gunsmith buddy, I only keep the 9mm 40SW, .223/5.56mm and of course my rare and expensive 7.62x39mm brass....that stuff is like gold.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 03:48:03 PM »
brass rats

I think that term could accurately describe me. ;D
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline copemech

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:56:24 AM »
Yea, well today it was 45 Colt! And someone just left 50 of them shiny things as big as my finger laying there for ruin.

I cannot help myself! I have to pick it up, and prolly picked up another 50 or so 38/357 as well that I will use! O0 O0

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 09:22:26 AM »
Several years ago I boxed up and shipped my 9mm and .40 S&W brass (as well as some .30 caliber carbine) to a fellow out in Washington state who reloaded for his Glocks.  I gave it away (he sent me a check for the postage after he received the brass) because I KNEW I'd never load for a semi auto other than my 1911's.

Within a few years I had several 9mm's and a couple .40 S&W and I look back on that big box of brass I gave away and think about the brass I've bought since.

Now I keep it all.  I just run it through the cleaner and put it in a container.  Who knows, some day I may actually have something in a different caliber and want some brass for it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Bricktop

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »
There've been people -- or maybe it's just one person -- at the gun club where I'm a member leaving new brass (with boxes!) recently; .308 WCF, .223, .270 WCF, .30-06, among others. I was picking up some new .223 a month or so ago while I was waiting on someone to set their targets and a guy semi-confrontationally yelled, "Hey! Are you picking up that brass?!!" I replied that I was and then he offered me 100 rounds of once-fired Remington .30-06 and said, "I've been waiting to meet someone who reloads since I don't."

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 05:45:39 PM »
"I've been waiting to meet someone who reloads since I don't."

Introduce Me to your new friend.  ;D

On my last outing I wandered the competition ranges collecting brass. Easily had over 20 pounds in my canvas bag. Member pistol range had some 9, 380 and some 44mag. Competition range gave up Some 223, enough 45, Passed on all the 40 I could yet some still made it in the bag and all the 9 I could get before my back hurt. Oh, and more than 150pc of 38 Super made me happy... 

Not sure why but my club range is closed for 5 days through Sunday. Hope they aren't cleaning out All MY Lead from the Berms. I have picked up several buckets of lead from there too. So much in the pistol berm that the 44 & 45 rounds roll out to the bottom making it easy to fill a small bucket.
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 04:04:27 AM »
Berm mining, the ultimate in recycling!  8)

anything