Author Topic: PCR Shoots Way Left  (Read 1371 times)

Offline TNman

PCR Shoots Way Left
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
I recently took my Cagunized PCR to a local match. Great compliments, easy to handle, and very accurate up to 10 yards.   Beyond that I shot way left. I mean 6" to 12" left. Steel at 25 yards was nearly impossible for me to hit. Not so with my Sig P320.

I know it's impossible to say why but has anyone else experienced that issue at long distances?  Maybe I just need to get  use to how it shoots at distances over 10 yards. Probably not an issue for IDPA but USPSA seemed to be more of a challenge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Peacetilence

• CZ 75B, PCR, 97BD and Scorpion EVO3. Fun :)
Re: PCR Shoots Way Left
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »
No idea, maybe this helps ?

Offline dhs4124

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
I recently took my Cagunized PCR to a local match. Great compliments, easy to handle, and very accurate up to 10 yards.   Beyond that I shot way left. I mean 6" to 12" left. Steel at 25 yards was nearly impossible for me to hit. Not so with my Sig P320.

I know it's impossible to say why but has anyone else experienced that issue at long distances?  Maybe I just need to get  use to how it shoots at distances over 10 yards. Probably not an issue for IDPA but USPSA seemed to be more of a challenge.

Yes, Ive been working through that too. I've had my PCR on the range 3 times. My far left grouping at 25 yds seemed a bit weird. G19 and 1911 45 look much better. Figure it's user error. It improved a bit last visit. Took the PCR out by itself. Trigger bite is my biggest issue. Still not pleased with left pull. I appreciate the cheat sheet added to the tread. I'm looking forward to more research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:49:15 PM »
HMM, I don't own a  PCR , I do own a  P-01.
shouldn't be much difference in those as far as shooting.
 out to about 18-20 yards my P-01  hangs right in there with my SP-01 and 97 BD.
now it don't shoot with the Shadow-2  but I don't expect it to.
I would guess its user error and getting use to the weapon, typically left shots are the right handers fault.

Offline TNman

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »

Yes, Ive been working through that too. I've had my PCR on the range 3 times. My far left grouping at 25 yds seemed a bit weird. G19 and 1911 45 look much better. Figure it's user error. It improved a bit last visit. Took the PCR out by itself. Trigger bite is my biggest issue. Still not pleased with left pull. I appreciate the cheat sheet added to the tread. I'm looking forward to more research.

I don't have a trigger bite issue at all. The DA is just over 5# and the SA is 3.15#. I'll just have to spend more time at the range shooting 20 yard or more.

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:26:56 PM »
When I am shooting a new to me firearm I like to start very close.  Pistol at 3 yards and fire slow through a whole mag.  Things look good?  Move back to 5 yards and repeat.  Still good?  The go to 7 yards and so on.  When you find a distance that your groupings are not what you want. That is where you want to concentrate your practice.  Once that is mastered increase the distance.  Then start all over. I needed to do this recently when I added a new night sight up front. Best wishes and don't forget to have fun out there.  PS- 25 yards is about it with the l'il pcr especially if you are shooting free hand. At least that has been my experience with it. Further than 25 yards I break out a Gov't size 1911.   ::)
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 01:16:19 AM »
I know it's impossible to say why but has anyone else experienced that issue at long distances?  Maybe I just need to get  use to how it shoots at distances over 10 yards.
I'm not trying to be a smart alec,  but if it shoots left at 25 yards, it shoots left at 5 yards.  Unless the bullet tumbles, it flies in a straight line (+/- wind).  The only difference is it'll show up more at longer ranges.  If it shoots left 1" at 5 yards,  it'll be 5" left at 25 yards.

If it doesn't shoot over an inch left at 5 yards, I suspect there may be a difference in the grip and trigger pull between your Sig and CZ.  Have you shot it very carefully from a good solid rest at 20-25 yards at a very visible but small target?     

Offline dhs4124

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
Thanks Pops. I like the strategy. Ill put it into practice next outing.

Offline TNman

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 01:17:25 PM »
I know it's impossible to say why but has anyone else experienced that issue at long distances?  Maybe I just need to get  use to how it shoots at distances over 10 yards.
I'm not trying to be a smart alec,  but if it shoots left at 25 yards, it shoots left at 5 yards.  Unless the bullet tumbles, it flies in a straight line (+/- wind).  The only difference is it'll show up more at longer ranges.  If it shoots left 1" at 5 yards,  it'll be 5" left at 25 yards.

If it doesn't shoot over an inch left at 5 yards, I suspect there may be a difference in the grip and trigger pull between your Sig and CZ.  Have you shot it very carefully from a good solid rest at 20-25 yards at a very visible but small target?   
I have not tried shooting from a rest. Good idea and I'll give that a try.

Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »
Happy you like the strategy dhs4124.  I will bet it works for you. When you do try this at your range don't forget to give us all an update.  Happy shooting.   :)
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

anything