Author Topic: AR trigger pin walking out  (Read 879 times)

Offline dohc97

AR trigger pin walking out
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
I have an LMT with Geislle trigger.  After shooting about 100 rounds, the trigger pin starts to come out on the left side.  Anybody know how I can prevent this?

Offline WVNed

Re: AR trigger pin walking out
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
Is the hammer spring in right? The legs should go in grooves in the pin and hold it in place.

The blue spring.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:34:07 PM by WVNed »
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Ron M.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »
I put a set of anti-walk pins in all of my ARs, just takes a few minutes and will insure the problem goes away.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/963556/jp-enterprises-oversized-anti-walk-hammer-and-trigger-pins-ar-15-small-pin-156-package-of-2

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »
I have an LMT with Geislle trigger.  After shooting about 100 rounds, the trigger pin starts to come out on the left side.  Anybody know how I can prevent this?
Are you using the Geissele pins that they send with the trigger?

Offline dohc97

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »
Are you using the Geissele pins that they send with the trigger?

Yes.  I contacted Geissele and they were nice enough to send me a pair of extra springs.

Does the trigger pin go in a certain way or does it even matter as long as the trigger pin is in?

Offline dohc97

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »
I think I see now what is wrong. The short leg that catches the hammer, the leg should be coming from the top of the hammer pin. Mine is coming from the bottom on the hammer pin.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 03:31:11 PM »
Yeah, the spring won't really press into the groove in the pin if the leg is under the pin.

Glad you found it.

I've never had an issue with pins walking but my youngest son did on one of his rifles.  We changed out pins.  The original just had a very, very shallow groove in the pin.  No issues with it since the new pin was installed.

Funny (not haha funny) things happen sometimes.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline dohc97

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »
Just got back from the range with my AR. Zero problem.

Case closed.  Thanks guys.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »
Good to hear.  It makes you feel good to know you can rely on your tools (yes, a firearm is a tool.)
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?