Author Topic: Help. Will any of the online photo storage apps work from a Desktop Computer?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
The title says it all.  Add using Windows 10 :P.
My PHONE only partially works with my old android system  My computer won't let it send a link to my gun stuff to post here on the forum.
I used to have Google's "Picasa" online storage and it worked perfectly!  Google did away with it.  They NEVER deleted anything.
Is there another online photo storage that will run "from my PC"?

Offline Tok36

If i am understanding you correctly Imgur.com will allow you to upload images and then it will provide you a link to post in different kinds of forums.

Imgur.com also has a phone app but i do not use it much.

Be aware that the front page of imgur is a bunch of random stuff that people have posted/uploaded that is then voted on. But your pictures will not automatically be published unless you choose to publish. So there is a pure picture housing side that is accessible one you make an account. After you make an account you can make a link to your account page and never see the rest of the website.

Here is a link to the how to make an account page.

Create an Account
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076633-Create-an-Account
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:23:36 AM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Looks like I might have to do that since Photobucket apparently changed policy... >:(

Online Boris_LA

There is an option to get a small home network attached storage like synology and share your photo albums from it. You will be in complete control of photos in your possession. A little networking knowledge may help, but not completely necessary. They nowadays very user friendly.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:58:46 AM by Boris_LA »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Test with imgur:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:01:27 PM by 1SOW »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Thank you all for the help and suggestions.
I've got a starting point

Offline tdogg

I switched to imgur since Photobucket essentially crashed Everytime I tried to use it.  It was so bogged down with adds I couldn't navigate it.  Imgur is way faster and thus far works way better.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline painter

I use flickr from my laptop, and their free app from my phone. I like it because it automagically uploads pics I take to a private folder in my account, and I can share it from there.

I haven't used my phone to link to pics yet.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
I've used Photobucket for almost as long as I have been posting on forums.  I'm tired of it.  It has gotten very buggy, slow, and packed with ads.

Your selection of Imagur seems to be a good one.  I'm starting to look for a new hosting site.  My problem is that I have to leave all my OLD photos on Photobucket, or else all my old posts will have dead links.   :(

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
James,  mine are on Picasa which no longer exists.  I share your grief.

Offline Clippers015

I used Picasa and Photobucket back in the day, but hated it.  Now I just use Dropbox and google drive.  Easy to create folders and save pictures and it synced for phone, tablet and computer immediately

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Thanks clipper.  I'll keep that in mind.  So far,  IMGUR has worked well.  I'm still finding all the means to store my images left from when my computer crashed. ::)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
I'll be checking this out.

I just tried to delete my photobucket account, now that they want $40 a month to allow me to post my pictures on forums, and after I go through the motions to tell them why (along with a description of what part of me they can kiss) the option to delete will not "light up".  I'll try to see if I can transfer pictures/files from photobucket to another option and then delete them from the account since it will not let me delete the account.

Thanks.

Yeah, just tried it.  Pictures come out really really really bigbigbig.  Gotta try something else here.

Figured it out, I think.

Medium thumbnail (choices at the bottom of the right side box of file/link copying box).

Large thumbnail (same location, just click on the size picture you want.)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:55:28 AM by M1A4ME »
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline WVNed

I have also used Photobucket forever. I just deleted everything I had on there.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline AZ_CZ

I have been playing with imgur all weekend but can only link a picture to the site. The direct link of just a picture feature seems to be missing on the screens I'm looking at. Tried on iPad and android systems. Even the link feature seems hit or miss. Loaded some random pictures but anything with a gun it in wont even load in my profile so I can get a link.

Well just peachy. Was going to load a link to a bottle of acid reducers for a test, since guns are bad, and now I can't find anything under my profile account.

The search for something better continues.
CZ Fanbot since 1996