Author Topic: Help. Will any of the online photo storage apps work from a Desktop Computer?  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Psyop96

Have you tried the Tapatalk app on the either the iPad or android? Photos and links are very easy to do. I almost never use a browser for reading forums anymore.

Offline AZ_CZ

Started to use tapatalk, but a couple of forums I frequent didn't support it. Guess I have to rethink that.

Looked at imgur and my pics are back and I can link to guns.
Test, nope, deleted link to website.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Otto N Sure

I am so disgusted with Photobucket, but I've got pics there that are nowhere else. I've heard it takes a lot of band width, but I'd sure like to post here directly from my computer and bypass these 3rd party sites that just aren't working or are charging an arm and leg.

Otto

Offline czharry

I am so disgusted with Photobucket, but I've got pics there that are nowhere else. I've heard it takes a lot of band width, but I'd sure like to post here directly from my computer and bypass these 3rd party sites that just aren't working or are charging an arm and leg.

Otto
I have photobucket too, but haven't checked it lately. I'm going to use your post as an example. When pics are posted from these sites, it's a "link". So when we are looking at the pics we post, we're actually looking at PB or Flicker or wherever. Their servers store the images.
In order to view images posted from a person's desktop computer, software programs aside, you would need to leave your computer on 24/7, having it act like a "server".
Whenever you turn your computer off, the images will not be available to view. Even if it could somehow be done, the load on the CPU and memory would be overwhelming.
- There's a storm coming -

CZ 75B  .40S&W
CZ 75B  9mm
CZ 50     x2
VZ 24
CZ 52     x4  (WTS)

S. Fla.

Offline gwvt

I've been using
http://tinypic.com/
for awhile and it seems to work fine. All the older photos I've uploaded are still around.

Offline benscratchin

Wow now I'm bummed out...
I'm new to this forum.
Posting pics from my computer on other forums is so easy. Why is it so difficult here?
Keep the U.S. 2nd. amendment alive...

Offline SlvrDragon50

If you want to post directly, just upload your photos using an application that automatically uploads and returns a link to imgur.

I use ShareX. There are many others.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
I've been using
http://tinypic.com/
for awhile and it seems to work fine. All the older photos I've uploaded are still around.

That tinypic seems to be much better than http://tinyurl.com/4poyc6x .

SPO1SHADOW

Large thumbnail works pretty darn good. I believe I will be switching to Imgur for the rest of mine. Photobucket is just a pain in the butt anymore. I will give Tinypic a try too.

Testing large thumbnail on Imgur

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:47:58 PM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Looks like the large thumbnail on IMGUR is perfect.  I have a little trouble getting images into Albums" like Reloading, Firearms, Competition Stuff,  Gunsmithing and whatever.  Likely,  I'll finally get it straightened out.
I try to set up an album,  but I can't until the pic is there.  Uploading a new pic has to go into an album.  A conundrum.

Offline Tok36

I did not even know about the Large thumbnail and the other similar options. I size all of my pictures in Photoshop before i upload them to around 1000x1000 or smaller. Good to know about the options.

As far as the albums, i usually upload new images to "All images". Then i make a new album and select the images out of "All images" that i want. That way right after you make a new album the pictures are available in "All images". It is a little odd, even once you categorize images into different albums, all of the images in your account including every image in every album are still contained in "All images" as well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:31:24 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline AZ_CZ

I must be doing something basic wrong. I never even see options for thumbnails. All I get is a share option with a copy to clipboard. That just links to the site.

CZ Fanbot since 1996

SPO1SHADOW

I will try to help:
Go to http://imgur.com/
Put your mouse on your login in name in the top right of the screen
Click on images
Click on one of your pictures
Picture opens up to fill the screen
Now look at the bottom right corner of your picture to see sizes
click on large thumbnail
now click on copy of BB Code
Paste link on here and you should see your picture in a perfect size

Offline AZ_CZ

I never get the thumbnail option. The online tutorial pictures I have seen don't look like my screens. Ironically I can't post a screenshot, lol.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

anything