Author Topic: Help. Will any of the online photo storage apps work from a Desktop Computer?  (Read 2568 times)

Offline AZ_CZ

I tell people I'm not computer smart, I just keep hitting it with a stick until it works. Realized I have been using nothing but their mobile app on my IPad or android phone so tried it on the desktop.

Might have a winner

Nope: gigantic image.

Even in the desktop mode on an IPad this still doesn't work. The only links shown are in the upper left hand corner and are too big or just a link to the image. Better than it was but not what I want. Maybe tomorrow I'll boot up the laptop and see what's cooking. Not a great solution since I want something for my phone or pad.
http://i.imgur.com/fCnBP3i.jpg
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:51:12 AM by AZ_CZ »
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline IDescribe

I had a Photobucket account that I deleted a little while ago.  I've been using tumblr, which works great, but I have to say the interface isn't especially intuitive.

I haven't tried imgur.

I opened a flickr account right before opening a tumblr account, and I abandoned it immediately because I saw that it was for image sharing by artists, specifically, and NOT to be used for forum sharing, or something to that effect.  Whatever it was, I saw the potential for them to shut me down for what I wanted to use it for, so I moved on to tumblr.

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
I tell people I'm not computer smart, I just keep hitting it with a stick until it works. Realized I have been using nothing but their mobile app on my IPad or android phone so tried it on the desktop.

Might have a winner

Nope: gigantic image.

Even in the desktop mode on an IPad this still doesn't work. The only links shown are in the upper left hand corner and are too big or just a link to the image. Better than it was but not what I want. Maybe tomorrow I'll boot up the laptop and see what's cooking. Not a great solution since I want something for my phone or pad.
http://i.imgur.com/fCnBP3i.jpg

I did not know you were using an Android type program to do this with. I copied and pasted below the options you get on a regular laptop/desktop type computer. There is most likely an App for this but I don't know what it would be other than Tap a talk. Sorry I could not help.

Image Link

Copy

Direct Link

Copy

Markdown Link (reddit comments)

Copy

HTML (website / blogs)

Copy

BBCode (message boards & forums)

Copy

Linked BBCode (message boards)

Copy

Sizes:  Original · Small Square · Big Square · Small Thumbnail · Medium Thumbnail · Large Thumbnail · Huge Thumbnail

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
I generally use my phone for pics. Can't remember the last time I actually used my digital camera and it will prolly need batteries if I do.
Of the sites listed, can anyone recommend one that has a good android app that allows uploading multiple pics to specific folders?
I like to take pics of build projects and like to keep things organised.
Taptalk will get pics posted easily but you have no control over them after the upload. You can not delete them I am pretty sure.

Uploading from phone to site saves some time. I generally post to forums from my PC and will link and post pics from the PC.

Long time PB user here and over 10K pics that will no longer be linked. I have been downloading folders from PB just in case I am missing anything from my drives.  I do generally keep backups and backup those too. I am sure many got lost in the sauce, especially phone pics as of late.
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
I have gun pics on IMGUR.  My cell phone can't find the download links,  but my PC will. :-\
I have trouble "finding" all my pics on IMGUR.  Sometimes I can and others I can't.
Probably just a lack of post 1965 digital brain wiring shortage.

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
I have an Imgur account started before the PB fiasco. I wasn't happy with the organization (even from a PC) and only put a few pics there before straying away.
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

Offline WVNed

Smugmug test

This seems to work. SO did photobucket for a long time.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
Few weeks have past and I decided on Google Photos.
Phone app works well for uploading.
PC based is stupid fast for bulk uploads.
No ads.

Getting the hotlink url takes a step not presented in any share menu.
open album, click on picture.
in this screen, right click on top of the image, Open image in new tab
Click the New generated tab and copy that Huge URL.
Present the URL to the Comment box as you normally would.

I am using Chrome.

Offline WVNed

I have paid for SmugMug for 1 year. We will see.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline Kokopelli

I'm using Flickr pro now.  $35 per year seems reasonable.. 
Ain't no pockets on a shroud

Offline recoilguy

remember where this is
........Its that you shoot!

Offline painter

I'm using Flickr pro now.  $35 per year seems reasonable..
Just went to check...it;s $50 now.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline gwvt

I recently started a free account with https://postimg.org/ and it seems pretty good. You can make galleries to organize your photos and upload from your harddrive or from a URL.
Here's a sample photo:

Or a gallery direct link:
https://postimg.org/gallery/30jx7j4io/

Or the thumbnails from the gallery, with links (copy/pasted en-mass from the gallery page):

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Tried the VWPieces Google PIc trick:

Yeehaaa,  it worked.  VW,  thanks! :o

A couple of upgrades since I took this pic.

Familiar with this rare 75B? O0 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:29:14 AM by 1SOW »

Offline benscratchin

Someday when I have plenty of time I'll figure out how to post pics on this site.... Other sites I have visited, it is so easy to post pics on...  In this day and age of technology I don't understand why it's so difficult to post pics on this site. Will it ever change and get easier to post a pic on this site? :-\
Keep the U.S. 2nd. amendment alive...

anything