Author Topic: help me mod my new pistol  (Read 1426 times)

Offline 037Leo

help me mod my new pistol
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:29:12 PM »
I was lucky to score an EVO pistol for $622 shipped today before the deal was over.   EDIT  Well I celebrated too soon :(    Got an email that "Due to an inventory error, We are unable to fulfil this order as intended. We have refunded you in full for your order."      bleep it    might go and buy the carbine now
Modify message

Trying to figure out  cheapest and best mods.  I have a red-dot and AFG angular grip, so i need a brace and maybe a new safety.
I been thinking  an AK or Mini Ak safety from HB?

as for brace i want something folded and it seems that  "SB Tactical SBT Evo Pistol Stabilizing Brace  "that sometime you can get at 10% off for $180  is my best bet.  Any other alternatives?   
In the future i will probably add a trigger shoe, trigger spring, magazine paddle and grip but  small steps first :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:40:16 AM by 037Leo »
(\__/)
( o,o)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 452
CZ Scorpion EVO
CZ 75B cold war with Kadet

Offline omg

Re: help me mod my new pistol
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »
Send it to @Shooters Element

Offline Jericho Hill

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 09:47:50 PM »
The reduced weight trigger spring kit  is cheap and easy to install but I'd does cut down on the pull weight of the trigger.  Or if you want to make it even better you could get the cz custom trigger pack just plan to pay slot more.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:22:32 AM »

as for brace i want something folded and it seems that  "SB Tactical SBT Evo Pistol Stabilizing Brace  "that sometime you can get at 10% off for $180  is my best bet.  Any other alternatives?

Oh hell yeah.  Tailhook, on the factory folding stock... Gear head works and yeti wurks have the kits.  More than $180.  Totally worth it.  Skip the older fugly-er braces. 

The recommendation to send the lower to shooters element for their trigger option is another best move.  Unless you want to DIY.  It cannot be beat at this time. 

Offline The Pork Chop Express

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »
Congrats on the purchase.  I recently got my Scorpion pistol.  My recommendations are (in order of bang for buck)

Arm brace/Shockwave blade (I went with the Lage folding adapter and Shockwave tube and cheek blade set, awesome!!)
Trigger (there are multiple options out there, I went with the HB Ind spring to reduce the pull)
Safety delete/low profile (I went with HB Ind right side safety delete and left stock on left side, I'm R handed tho)
New grip (I went with the Apex grip as it allows you to remove trigger pack with grip on unlike Yeti, cheaper also)
32 round Manicore steel lip mags (must buy)
Good red dot (I went with the ever popular Bushnell TRS25 as it was $29 off Amazon after $40 manufacturer rebate)

I really doubt I'll do much more beyond this unless something really badass comes out.  This thing is so much fun to shoot and so high quality it don't need much.  Honestly most of that list is optional.  The brace/blade and lowering trigger pul are biggest items. 

Offline 037Leo

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »
Tx! i see you are a fellow bargain hunter :) - Picked up the same red dot on the same sale :)
(\__/)
( o,o)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 452
CZ Scorpion EVO

Offline The Pork Chop Express

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:11:53 PM »
Yeah you know I already have a TRS25 on my AR-15 and thought maybe I'd spring for a more expensive dot even though I love the TRS25, just maybe mix it up.  But after I saw the price after rebate, just couldnt say no.  The money I saved went towards a Magpul AFG.  Another recommendation, but the included finger stop the Scorpion comes with is more than good enough.  I just like the look with the AFG. 

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 01:28:17 AM »
Must haves:

Hbi spring kit
Extended mag release take your pick
Extended charging handle "hbi pro stock"
Sbt Evo or Tailhook kit
Safety levers, keep in mind hbi AK levers are oppsite of normal down is safe up is fire every other safety setup is down for fire
Manticore magazines

Next on you list

Grips

Yeti and stock are the best options atm

apex is scrawny and the grip tape to keep it from being slippery is just plain dumb. Paske pathfinder is extremely straight and uses the worlds tiniest cross bolt for mounting.

Qd sockets and sling

Red dot sight
"holosun hs50 series if want lower 1/3rd cowitness hs515 series "taller" if want your factory sight out of the reticle all together

Trigger shoe

Hbi delta or shooters element half flat/curbed trigger. Pure flat triggers suck on the evo with it's 5/8 long trigger pull. By the time you pull all the way back your finger has slid down to the bottom
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Sainte

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 01:39:50 AM »
I have seen a few Shockwave Braces with tube in the $50 range lately. I put a new APEX grip on mine and a Magpul AFG. Topped it with a Vortext mini-red dot, real nice co-witness.

Offline 037Leo

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
Well I celebrated too soon :(    Got an email that "Due to an inventory error, We are unable to fulfil this order as intended. We have refunded you in full for your order."      bleep it    might go and buy the carbine now
(\__/)
( o,o)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 452
CZ Scorpion EVO

Offline excalibur

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »
A different trigger is always better. The stock one is ok for what they designed it for, but all things can be improved. Different grip would be nice

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »
A different trigger is always better. The stock one is ok for what they designed it for, but all things can be improved. Different grip would be nice
The absolute best trigger job is 5000 rounds down range.  ;)

anything