Author Topic: cz 70 firing pin remove/replace  (Read 767 times)

Offline ulmapache

cz 70 firing pin remove/replace
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »
Next step... Ok, better a dumb-ass question, than a dumb-ass mistake...I am going to order the Harrington firing pin kit, and install it, but need step by step instruction on firing pin removal/replacement so I don't make a dumb-ass mistake and ruin my latest acquisition. I know it's easy, but want to have my hand held while I do it...LOL!!!!  If all goes well, then off to the shop for a new barrel and a reblue job...or maybe cerakote... Then, some nice grips.. Will post photos when done.  THX!!!!

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
Re: cz 70 firing pin remove/replace
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:37:58 PM »
I ordered the Harrington firing pin for my Vzor 70 which I bought from my LGS.

Their gunsmith installed it for me for no charge and even polished the hammer stalk to make the DA pull a little less.
CZ 24, CZ 27, CZ 38, CZ 45, CZ 52, Vzor 70, CZ75BΩ, CZ75D PCR Compact, CZ 75 P07 Duty, CZ75 SP-01 Phantom, CZ Shadow 2 Urban Grey, CZ P09 Duty, P10C, CZ 82, CZ 83, CZ 97BE, CZ 2075D RAMI, CZ 452 American, CZ 550 UCS (Urban Counter Sniper), CZ 805 Bren, DUO & Z

Offline 1775usmarine

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
I installed my own though I had to trim some of the firing pin block spring in order for it to work. My decocker still works as it should with no hitting of the firing pin.  I tried it about a dozen times to make sure it was still good.

Offline ViperR

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
It's very easy and the Harrington web site has instructions with pictures.

Offline ulmapache

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 03:22:17 PM »
Followed directions, however, the drill bit size that was needed to smooth out the pin chamber was a bit off... After a bit of work, the pin went in, and functioned as it should with the pencil test...also, using the pencil test, the decocker WILL fire the weapon...so.... Off to the shop for a park job...then off to the range. Will post when that happens.

Offline ViperR