Author Topic: What full auto should I rent?  (Read 630 times)

Offline eastman

Re: What full auto should I rent?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »
The MP5 and the P90 are both a lot of fun. Those would be my choices for a first-timer from their list.

I really liked the Sterling, but it was a long time ago that I fired one in NC. Same with the UZI.

Next week, one of the local ranges is hosting an Independence Day SMG shoot. I'm looking forward to shooting the real version of the modern Scorpion.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 12:44:03 AM »
Sooooo... What did you Shoot?

My vote would be the MP5 and the Kriss if it is full auto, if not the Thompson. I have an AR in 9mm so the Colt SMG would another want to try in full auto will be pretty controllable.
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 09:34:37 AM »
Nothing :(

I didn't get a chance to go on Friday with the free rental, and I was more hesitant on the other days. Also, I was spending a lot of time with my grandpa in the hospital. When I made this post, I didn't know how sick he was.

It's okay though, I'm sure I'll be back soon!

Offline rjeffery14

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »
I thought for a second they were saying they had a full auto FNX45 until I realized it was suppressed lol

Offline jammr

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »
SAW
"I came here to die with you. Or to live with you."
-- Josey Wales

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 10:33:58 AM »
The Uzi rate of fire is really fast.  If you dump a mag, most of the casings will be still in the air by the time the mag is empty.  It's a lot of fun, but be aware that it has a different firing mechanism.  The bolt stays to the rear and fires when it comes forward after you pull the trigger.  So be careful when clearing malfunctions b/c it will fire if the bolt goes forward, unlike many other guns.

Is it an indoor range?  If so, suppressed might be nice.  I've fired a 10" M16 indoors, and you (and everyone else) can feel the concussion wave.  It's loud. 

There are a lot of cool guns on that list, though.  You really can't go wrong.  If ammo cost is a consideration, then you may want to avoid the more exotic calibers as the range probably makes you buy their marked up, expensive ammo to use in their gun.

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »
Have yet to shoot a full-auto gun myself, I would go for the Thompson as the one that I have fantasized about for years, mostly because of its iconic status.

I did see a live Thompson demo once, many years ago, when I toured FBI HQ in DC.  I suspect they don't do that anymore.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

anything