Author Topic: Is Razor Dobbs real?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Is Razor Dobbs real?
« on: July 10, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »
I was looking up 10mm hunting videos and stumbled across this Razor Dobbs character. He has tons of videos of him hunting with his Dan Wesson 10mm. I've been seeing videos reporting some real game being taken with good 10mm rounds and Razor Dobbs is like a sniper with that Dan Wesson. Anyone here have experience with 10mm? Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/user/razorgun
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Ron M.

Re: Is Razor Dobbs real?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:44:53 PM »
Used it out of a Carbine and IAI Javelina for hogs, Javelina, deer, and goats. Works fine at short range, I wouldn't shoot beyond 25 yards with a pistol and 75 with a carbine. While I'm sure I could hit a game animal farther out, I wouldn't be sure of a humane kill.  I tend to be in the use enough gun class, I hate the thought of wounding an animal and being unable to find it. I don't want an animal I shoot to suffer, I prefer them to drop on or near the spot of the hit. The 10mm hollow point will not break the shoulder of a really big hog out past 50 yards from a carbine. I shot a slightly over 300 pound boar with a 10mm carbine using a HOT loaded 180grJHP at roughly 90 yards. The bullet went through the gristle plate and cracked the shoulder joint, I had to put a 4 more rounds into the heart/lung area before the pig dropped.

skin

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
 I've shot hogs out to 90 yards with a glock 20 and 200gr fmj. Does the job. The 10 mm is between a 357 mag and a 41 mag.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:02:53 AM »
I met Razor Dobbs a couple Shot Shows ago
The term "Different" comes to mind

I've been shooting and reloading 10mm for years
Very accurate, flat shooting Round
Impressive ballistics
Underwood, Buffalo Bore and Double Tap (to name a few) makes some very nice Ammo with the capability of taking Game Animals
Here's a nice break-down of different 10mm Ammo:
http://www.ballistics101.com/10mm.php
As stated:
I wouldn't hunt with a Handgun with anything less than a 6" Barrel
Most States require a minimum of 6" to be of legal hunting length anyway
The MechTech 10mm CCU makes a fine mid range Carbine using either Glock or 1911 as the Receiver
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:47:28 AM »
Really interesting to hear your experiences and uses with 10mm. It can put out some pretty solid ballistics, but it's nice to hear first hand experiences.

Ha, funny you say that. Some people have a different personality in front of the cameras, but it sounds like he doesn't.

I'm the distant future I may get a 10mm with a big 6 inch barrel and got try it out with a red dot for hunting. No rush, I have plenty of practice and refinement to be done using 9mm on paper and steel.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »
I've shot hogs out to 90 yards with a glock 20 and 200gr fmj. Does the job. The 10 mm is between a 357 mag and a 41 mag.

The 10mm is a GREAT cartridge, but you're giving the 10mm a little bit too much credit here.  It's ballistically close to the .357, but nowhere near the .41 mag.

anything